PDA

View Full Version : TYTools

BenD
02-03-2006, 10:45 PM
hey,

Has anybody managed to get the latest version of tytools working ? Ver 10r4
The setup is easy enough, copy the tserver file to your tivo, set executable, add it to the rc.sysinit.author file and reboot

I get the following error -
Connecting to '192.168.199.21'
ERROR: Failed to Connect!

i also get
"starting the server failed. Never received the telnet prompt. please check your settings and try again"

Yes that is the correct ip address and ys i can telnet, ftp and tivoweb to it

petestrash
03-03-2006, 04:13 AM
I get the following error -
Connecting to '192.168.199.21'
ERROR: Failed to Connect!

This can be because you have not set the SERVERSCRIPT or SERVERPROMPT correctly.

i also get
"starting the server failed. Never received the telnet prompt. please check your settings and try again"

This one is definately because you haven't set the SERVERPROMPT correctly.

Assuming:
1. You installed tserver to /var/hack
2. You are running OzTiVo V1.3 or higher
3. You have not played with the apperance of your telnet prompt

TyTool.ini should have:
SERVERSCRIPT:/var/hack/tserver
SERVERPROMPT:#

My guess is you have at least left out the '#' from SERVERPROMPT. And maybe also the /var/hack/tserver from SERVERSCRIPT.

For any other issues there is a good, but out of date FAQ @ http://www.tytool.com/tytemplates/FAQ/Setup/ (http://www.tytool.com/tytemplates/FAQ/Setup/default.aspx)

Peter.

BenD
06-03-2006, 07:04 PM
Thanks heaps mate, the # fixed the problem

petestrash
06-03-2006, 08:13 PM
Glad it worked for you.

Peter.

JustinD
17-03-2006, 01:31 PM
hey,

Has anybody managed to get the latest version of tytools working ? Ver 10r4
The setup is easy enough, copy the tserver file to your tivo, set executable, add it to the rc.sysinit.author file and reboot

I set this up last night and had some of the same issues and it was just the server prompt thingy.

You mentioned adding it to the rc.sysinit.author file - I didn't do this and it seems to be working. Am I missing something and should have added this?

Justin

petestrash
17-03-2006, 01:44 PM
You mentioned adding it to the rc.sysinit.author file - I didn't do this and it seems to be working. Am I missing something and should have added this?

Ben Should not have added it to his rc.sysinit.author file, the client starts the server when needed.

Peter.

JustinD
17-03-2006, 02:33 PM
Ok. thanks
I am playing around with this thing on a wing and a prayer (ie utilizing collective OzTivo knowledge) and for a minute there I thought I had another challenge. :eek: