PDA

View Full Version : "Green Line" Issue

ptapps
05-05-2004, 11:20 PM
Hi,

I have a S1 Tivo from the U.S & have this Green Line issue that affects random series 1 Tivos.

Just wondering if anyone knows if OzTivo or other are going to do a new version software 3.01 to fix the green line issue on random s1 Tivo units? Attached is a link to the Tivo Community in the U.S that discusses this fault in depth & that they have this new update to 3.0 that fixes the problem!

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?threadid=70268&highlight=green+lines

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

Regards

Pete

curto
06-05-2004, 09:56 AM
I had this problem as well and it was not fixed by the 3.01 image (i sourced one from the US).

Apparently a good majority of the faulty units that could be fixed with software have been replaced already (and as these are factory refurbed TIVOs that most of us are sourcing we would hope this is the case)

In the end i had George from Eklectic do a swap out of the motherboard only - shipping to the US was about $20 and the motherboard replacement from George was $59 US - all in all a good way to go

Craig

ptapps
06-05-2004, 11:15 AM
Thanks Craig.

Just 1 thing though. George has given me the option to send back my faulty board & he will replace (of course I pay for the shipping both ways) it for me.

But my question is that George said that he bench tests each unit B4 shipping out but when I got my unit it did it from day 1. Is it possible that George was using a different software version for this test which is why this error didn't show up for him?

Just a little confused, that's all. What's to say that my replacement board wont do the same thing if George does test it like B4. I hope you understand what I mean!

Thanks once again Craig.
Regards

Pete

curto
07-05-2004, 07:35 AM
No guarantees on it - but George is pretty thorough.

The way to find out if it is an issue is to get George to test it with an older image not 3.01A that way if it was a fix that the image did then you will know for sure and George will not end up giving you a dud board.

Craig

hh75
13-05-2004, 12:16 PM
Hi,

I bought a S1 tivo from poweron.com's eBay store. It arrived with the green ines problem and they replaced the motherboard free of charge. It is a well known mpeg2 chip failure apparently.

Note: They just sent me a new motherboard so I had no shipping costs and they charged me nothing.

Rgds HH
New Zealand

curto
14-05-2004, 01:56 PM
YOu might like to know that you can get a warranty swapout for the board for about $60 US from George at Eklectic as well.

This means that you can now get the board replaced that you have that is faulty for fairly cheap and have as a spare or look for someone selling a case etc further down the track

Craig

Skolink
25-09-2009, 01:54 PM
In case anyone comes across this thread in a search and not the other, see:
http://forums.oztivo.net/showthread.php?p=15235#post15235