PDA

View Full Version : Perth - Can someone set me up?

ClayCook
16-02-2006, 04:28 PM
Hi - This is my first post.
I am a very busy person and would be willing to pay someone to set up Tivo for me completely.
Please feel free to reply here or email me: clay dot cook at gmail dot com
Thank You
Clay

zollymonsta
16-02-2006, 04:51 PM
Aw.. that ruins all the fun. It's not that difficult really, and doesn't take a lot of time (a couple of hours max)

Darren King
16-02-2006, 04:56 PM
..... and you'll know what to do when the TiVo requires some "care and feeding" like they all will eventually. TiVo's are not a consumer "plug and play" or "set and forget" item, but a hobbyists device.

zollymonsta
16-02-2006, 07:38 PM
Uh huh... If you spend a little bit of time here and there setting it up you will be better off. The majority of people (if not all) have set theirs up by themselves and it assists with learning stuff.

Support is on a volunteer basis. As Darren says, it's not a plug and play consumer device.
:)

ClayCook
17-02-2006, 04:13 PM
Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the feedback. I really appreciate the support, however I am just far too busy setting up a business, plus family committments to spend the time setting up up myself.

I would really like to pay someone to do it for me. Is anyone offering? (Obviously need to be in Perth).

Regards
Clay :)

zollymonsta
17-02-2006, 07:31 PM
If you flew me over to Perth I could :)

(Hey, worth a shot!) ;)

petestrash
21-02-2006, 01:35 AM
I'm in Perth,

But as others have already said, TiVo in Australia isn't really a consumer device. It is cobbled together with hacks to make it do things that it was never designed to do. This makes it much more unstable than if used in the US.

If you don't have the time or inclination set it up yourself, you will not be able to maintain it either.

Perhaps you would be better off with a consumer box like a Topfield or Foxtel. From what I understand these work fairly easily.

If you do decide to muck in and give it go, I and many others here would be happy to help support you.

Peter.