PDA

View Full Version : Uploading TV data

trax
10-02-2006, 10:57 PM
If we upload TV data does it have to contain the full description data, can it just contain title,channel,times ?
My grabs have about 10 days but I only see 6-7 days here, will have conflict in your sources?

tenty
18-02-2006, 08:07 AM
trax,

I don't know the exact answer to your question, but what I do know is that the OzTiVo community uses:

http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/bin/view/Guidedata/WebHome

and a program called the StationDayEditor to make up the TV Guide data and upload it. If you click the link above, you will be taken there and you can view information about it.

Does anyone more knowledgeable than me want to field this question?

petestrash
21-02-2006, 12:55 AM
If we upload TV data does it have to contain the full description data, can it just contain title,channel,times ?
My grabs have about 10 days but I only see 6-7 days here, will have conflict in your sources?

Sorry I've been away, and hadn't seen your message.

What data were you planning on uploading?

If it's FTA then don't worry about it as we grab most of that and prefer to just have a single source, as it keeps the data cleaner.

But in general the more information provided the happier everyone is. If you are talking about a Pay channel that doesn't have any data currently, then any data is better than none. But if it already has data that means someone else is already uploading to that channel.

There is a problem if multiple people upload to the same channel. If the first person uploads only basic details, subsequent uploads that may have more data will not add the missing data.

Any other question, happy to help.

Peter

trax
23-02-2006, 09:10 PM
Thanks for your reply does this current source only extend to 5/6 days , which is why I was offering a longer period, but perhaps I will try and use it locally in my Myth database to extend the notification for new shows etc..
thanks for your help with the current data most appreciated.

petestrash
24-02-2006, 12:48 AM
The FTA data source varies, but usually by each Friday night we have at least 7 days data, Through the week there are also updates but only a day or two extra.

The trouble with FTA is the copyright on the Data. There are many sources we could use for extra data, but we have been asked by most of these not to use their data for distribution. But I know many Myth and MCE2005 people do use it for their own personal use.

Peter