PDA

View Full Version : Any User in Brisbane ???

Mick Molloy
19-01-2006, 09:20 AM
I was just wondering how many other in Brisbane are using Tivo????

Darren King
19-01-2006, 09:48 AM
Quite a few actually. Going on modifications alone, which is no accurate indication of the total number given I don't see them all as not everyone wants theirs modded, there would have to be at least a few dozen of these alone.

In reality there are close on 1,000 active TiVo's in Australia alone and Warren Toomey keeps a log of what ones download what guide data for any particular area given he can quantify this from the Guide Data server. Might pay to have a look around the oztivo website at www.oztivo.com and see if you can find the list somewhere.

ozrex
20-01-2006, 05:37 PM
I'm in Brissie !!!

Definition of TiVo syndrome: When you listen to a radio broadcast or see something happen (in real life) and wish you could skip back 8 seconds and review it !!

Darren King
21-01-2006, 07:12 AM
Yep it's getting there.... slowly but surely :)

The sharp decline in email list subscribers seems to happen after Warren does the email reminder about your subscription which happens every now and then. Maybe he did a clean up or something.

Mick Molloy
23-01-2006, 02:53 PM
Well you can add 3 more Tivos to the list..

I picked up 3 Philips S1 unit on ebay today..
2 for $80
and 1 for $40 (USD

These are for friends and 1 will be a wedding gift for my sister..(the groom will need tivo)

The $40 one has a stuffed modem but i will be fitting a network card anyway.
I am I correct in this point??
Darren do you still sell cards?? If so how much please..

Darren King
23-01-2006, 03:58 PM
Yes. Fitting a Turbonet (or the clones: Terbonet or X-Factor) will work. I also repair the internal modems if required or you can also use an external modem via the serial port.

Unfortunately the supply of X-Factors has totally dried up for myself, Peter and George. The supplier chose to bail out of getting any more made. Your only option now is to look for a suitable one on ebay or visit www.9thtee.com and get the genuine Turbonet and pay the premium price.

Cods
25-02-2006, 12:33 PM
G'day, just wanted to confirm that there's me in Paddo (one TiVo, PAL tuner mod and all initial setup done by Darren King, so I'm perhaps no expert!) and one of my mates in Red Hill (procured & setup by his brother, so again not perhaps a power user!).

Cheers,

housefly
28-08-2006, 05:58 PM
I am expecting my series 1 to be delivered any week now from the US. Cant wait to start modding it.

Wiked
09-09-2006, 06:14 PM
Yes you will love it for sure.

There are all great people on here willing to help as you would know so you cannot go wrong.

Bankai
06-10-2006, 02:51 PM
I'm in brisbane running a tivo on foxtel cable, been tivo user for about 2 years

pjpete
02-12-2006, 09:59 PM
Gold Coast user here, close enough. Very happy with TiVo. ( and in particular very grateful to oztivo )