PDA

View Full Version : Renaming recorded shows

Wiked
12-01-2006, 10:45 PM
Hi all,

When I go into Tivoweb>mfsStream and edit the names of shows I have recorded something strange happens.

For instance, I have all the V8 Supercar rounds that were recently replayed on Foxtel. Now they were only listed as 'V8 Supercars' and I would like to add say - Round 1, - Round 2 etc to the title so I know which is which in the now playing area.

When I rename one of them in mfsStream, all of them are renamed the same thing. This happens around 90% of the time so 10% of the time it will only rename the one I am doing like it should.

Anybody have any ideas?

petestrash
13-01-2006, 03:43 AM
I use mfs_ftp to transfer shows.

But to edit titles before archiving, I usually just click on the episode in nowshowing, then click edit program, change the details, hit save.

I haven't seen the fault you describe.

Peter.

Wiked
13-01-2006, 05:39 AM
I thought it may have been as I was using Firefox but tried it in IE and still the same thing happens.

Wiked
09-03-2006, 02:22 PM
Also have noticed something else regarding this.

When the 3rd VB Cricket final was on recently I recorded it. Now it was listed on the EPG as I guess nobody knew there would be a 3rd final etc.

Now I renamed it to be called 'Cricket 3rd Final'. Easy enough I thought.

Now since then when I look at the EPG for ch 9 the programs that are on in the time frame the cricket was on are called 'Cricket 3rd Final'.

Now if I delete the cricket then the EPG will list correctly again as I have tried this with another recorded show.

So in other words..if I record say 'A Current Affair' tonight on Ch 9 at 6.30pm, then if I go into Tiviweb and change the name of the show to 'ACA' then all future A Current Affair shows will be listed in the EPG now as ACA until I delete the show I recorded.

Sometimes there are late programming changes where you need to rename the recorded shows but until I find a fix for this I cannot rename them.

Is there anyway I can bypass this? Or just don't edit the names of recorded shows the only answer?

Thanks

petestrash
09-03-2006, 03:24 PM
This will occur on any show that is part of a series.

The Series has been given a TiVo ID and whilst you still have recordings with the changed name stored, the new name will stick to future recordings.

I don't know a way around this using tivoweb, but there probably is a way to manually disassociate it in the mfs.

Peter.

Wiked
09-03-2006, 03:28 PM
Peter,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Well we can't have everything I guess. :rolleyes:

razza
28-06-2006, 11:07 AM
to save starting a new thread I am having a few problems with mfsstream as well. When I click delete a little popup box appears with the tivoweb menu and does nothing. Also when I click on the show to download it nothing happens? Is there something I'm missing?

Wiked
28-06-2006, 01:12 PM
That was happening to me as well but installing TivoWebPlus fixes all that and its much better to rename or delete shows and much more.

It would be my advice to install TivoWebPlus if you understand how to. It certainly is a major improvement.

razza
28-06-2006, 02:04 PM
ok cool I will have a crack at it, hopefully I don't break anything :)

thomson
28-06-2006, 06:46 PM
ok cool I will have a crack at it, hopefully I don't break anything :)
If you have any trouble, or suggestions for improvements there is a forum over here (http://forums.oztivo.net/showthread.php?p=7673#post7673) that you can post to.

razza
28-06-2006, 08:31 PM
I've got it all installed and running but when I try to edit rc.sysinit.author it says its read only? How do I get round that?

EDIT: figured it out for those who come across this thread
type this at bash prompt to allow you to write: mount -o remount,rw /
type this to change back to read only: mount -o remount,ro /

petestrash
28-06-2006, 11:19 PM
EDIT: figured it out for those who come across this thread
type this at bash prompt to allow you to write: mount -o remount,rw /
type this to change back to read only: mount -o remount,ro /

On the OzTiVo based images, we already have shortcuts for this. Just type 'rw' for read/write and 'ro' for read only.

Peter.

razza
29-06-2006, 08:49 AM
I have upgraded to tivowebplus successfully and imported the mfsstream into modules but I still can't download or delete via mfsstream!!?? Does the oztivo image come with tyhttpd? Because I can't see that anywhere and it looks like you need that for mfsstream to function?