PDA

View Full Version : Fully Working Saturn Digital Anyone?

markdr
10-01-2006, 07:59 PM
Having read through several posts about getting a Saturn Digital decoder working with my Tivo I am a point of asking for help. I have followed what I think are the steps but am getting "failed preparing data" during Guided Setup phone home step after I switched to the orca:8000 (the 02116 postcode was not found in the orca:80 data).

Can someone please post what I need to have in place to make this work, i.e. version of OzTivo image, orca 80 or 8000, post code, do I really need to clear all Tivo data, getting the Austar (this is the same box right?) Cable IR details loaded etc.

I am using a 3.0 release 1 image and have been using the orca:80 emulator. Up until last week I was using the analog decoder and things were sweet but we moved and upgraded to digital at the same time. Not being able to record Red Dwarf is starting to become a problem :)

TIA

Mark de Reeper
Wellington

zollymonsta
11-01-2006, 04:31 AM
Last time I tried to test the Saturn Digital postcode it wasn't working. Not sure what the story is at the moment.

markdr
16-01-2006, 08:30 PM
Last time I tried to test the Saturn Digital postcode it wasn't working. Not sure what the story is at the moment.

Finally had time to get back to this problem, the wife is starting to ask when it will be working again so it is getting higher on the priority list...

I figured I would load the Austar IR codes and stick with the Saturn Analog lineup. In a previous post you mention that you loaded the Austar IR codes and it just worked. Have tried that but I have not been able to get Tivo to change channels. Any pointers as to the sequence you followed to get the Austar IR codes working with Saturn Digital?

TIA

Mark

DJC
18-01-2006, 01:02 PM

Jaidev was going to take a look at this, hes got a few tivos. I only have one tivo so its pretty difficult to test these headends without the wife and kids getting on my case.

Currently headends are maintained manually, its my intention to move this to a database driven generator on orac -- this will make things alot easier.

markdr
19-01-2006, 06:20 AM
To get things moving (getting TiVo withdrawal symptoms) I decided to do some experiments.

I grabbed an old 30gb drive along with the latest OzTivo image (v1.5) and built a new env and swapped drives. Since the channel lineup I use (from what I can see) is channel for channel equiv between analogue and digital I just went for the Saturn Analogue code (02115) on orca:80.

After going through the usual Guided Setup, I hand loaded the IR codes from http://minnie.tuhs.org/TiVo/files/ircodes/ADB-Omega-Austar.tcl and followed the details about loading IR from the OzTiVo wiki. Once I was happy I re-imaged my original drive (losing everything of course) re-doing my steps and things have been OK for the last couple of days.

Note:

To get through GS I just picked the first cable box on the list, which was later replaced when doing the manual load of the IR codes. Not sure why I was not able to get this going on my original image but I did make quite a few manual changes which probably didn't help.

zollymonsta
20-01-2006, 06:16 AM
Yep, you'll also see sometimes you get a dbload error or similar when you manually load the irc slice. But it still seems to work.

btw: The OzTiVo Austar IR code is the one to use.. Can't remember if I'd mentioned that or not.

markdr
21-01-2006, 08:54 AM
Yep, you'll also see sometimes you get a dbload error or similar when you manually load the irc slice. But it still seems to work.

btw: The OzTiVo Austar IR code is the one to use.. Can't remember if I'd mentioned that or not.

I did try this slice on my test disk but was not able to get either of the listed OzTiVo ADB machines to work. I got the dbload error when loading the slice but they showed up in the cable box selection screen so I tried them.

DJC
10-02-2006, 06:55 PM
Jaidev was going to take a look at this, hes got a few tivos.

But... he (jaidev) is a bit busy at the moment, so I have progressed this forward while he is away. A few disk swaps later and some coding to systematise how we produce headends ... we should now have a 02116 digital lineup ready for testing.

Edit: This has not been verified operational on the new emulator port 8000 by Zollymonsta; cheers for the help on saturn testing.