PDA

View Full Version : Failed preparing guide data

Muzza
07-12-2005, 04:54 PM
Hi all

Since my recent rebuild and hard disk replacement everything had been going fine untill about Sunday when I started getting the "Please make daily call" message to indicate that I was running out of data. I did however still have about 7 days worth despite the message stating I had 3. This has counted down over the last couple of days and today I am about to run about (according to the messages) but am in fact still ok untill next Wednesday (14th Dec) when I look at the live tv guide.

I checked TiVo-web tonight though and noticed that today's daily call was displaying as "Failed preparing guide data". I forced another call and received the same result. I have also restarted the TiVo and tried again with the same result.

Is anyone else having issues?

If not, what should I be checking/changing on mine?

fishman
07-12-2005, 05:29 PM
Yep.....same here.

DJC
07-12-2005, 05:52 PM
What is your emulator config - port?

I just checked mine, (tivo that is) - I've not got the issue.

I've resliced for the day, so try again and lets see.

DJC
07-12-2005, 05:59 PM
Muzza: Your problem looks like indexing is not completing, have you done the usual ... touch /var/timestamp ... force_index.tcl and checked you haven't got a warped clock?

Muzza
07-12-2005, 05:59 PM
I just re-tried but still received error.

I'm using....
127::210.48.107.133:80:::

Muzza
07-12-2005, 06:03 PM
Muzza: Your problem looks like indexing is not completing, have you done the usual ... touch /var/timestamp ... force_index.tcl and checked you haven't got a warped clock?

Whoops - I'd been writing a reply to your last post and your next one appeared. No - I haven't tried that process.

Run me through it again (please) :o

DJC
07-12-2005, 06:18 PM
I just re-tried but still received error.

I'm using....
127::210.48.107.133:80:::

And again thanks Muzza... (alot of activity on the emulator just trying to sort through it)

DJC
07-12-2005, 06:30 PM
Run me through it again (please) :o

Look here for the full rundown:-

http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/bin/view/FAQ/MyTivoSaysIHaveNoGuideData

Muzza
07-12-2005, 07:26 PM
Look here for the full rundown:-

http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/bin/view/FAQ/MyTivoSaysIHaveNoGuideData

Thanks DJC

Done that and according to the fact that I can see programs in my "pick programs to record" it must mean that part is fixed I guess. :)

Obviously the "Failed Data" is a different fault so I'll let you check that out and I'll try again tomorrow on that one.

DJC
08-12-2005, 12:53 PM
My TiVo went through again today with success.

fishman
08-12-2005, 06:25 PM
Thanks DJC....I did have the warped clock issue, which I fixed last night.

I had the "failed preparing data" message during a scheduled call at 0530 this morning.

Just forced another call, and everything went as it should.
Apart from fixing the clock, I've done nothing else!

Muzza
08-12-2005, 07:18 PM
I have also fixed the "warped clock" issue as today it has recorded some season pass items and also some TiVo suggestions but the daily call is still showing a "failed while preparing data" message. I have tried forcing a call just now and still getting same result. Fishman seemed a little luckier with this problem.

What can I check/try next? :confused:

DJC
08-12-2005, 07:27 PM
Muzza, can you jump over to port 8888 on orac and try again. Its near impossible to find your specific connections on the main emulator.

Change tclient from port 80 to 8888, then do the same phone call. Do you have manual logos loaded?

tonys
09-12-2005, 07:25 PM
Just noticed my Tivo hasn't indexed for a few days, checked tvlog and have got a warped clock, 1st time for a few weeks, since doing the ntp fix thing, don't know what's caused the problem, done a touch timestamp and forced an index, which normally does the trick.

Muzza
10-12-2005, 03:10 PM
Friday's daily call seems to have gone through ok.
Just Wednesday's and Thursday's must have had issues by the looks of it (for me anyway).

Thanks for your help DJC.