PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Cartoon Network?

Wanted
04-12-2005, 10:20 AM
Why does channel 41 on the Saturn slice have "Playhouse" and Coming 24 December instead of the Cartoon Network lineup? I had a "24" title wishlist and it filled up my list :D

Won't SOMEBODY think of the CHILDREN!

zollymonsta
04-12-2005, 01:02 PM
Sky and Saturn are both moving Cartoon Network to Channel 43.

Disney Playhouse is on Channel 41 (starts Dec 24th).

Schumi
08-12-2005, 02:40 PM
Hi Wanted - had a similar problem with 24, caught all stuff with 24 hours etc in. Switched to "keyword wishlist" with Kiefer Sutherland as keywords - no more problems since. Hope this helps.

Wanted
13-01-2006, 07:32 AM
Since Cartoon Network changed to channel 43 it's missing from the guide data. Is this a known issue or is it a quick fix to get the Cartoon Network data back in there?

SeanOffShotgun
13-01-2006, 07:03 PM
Since Cartoon Network changed to channel 43 it's missing from the guide data. Is this a known issue or is it a quick fix to get the Cartoon Network data back in there?
I hadn't noticed that it was missing till I read your message and then checked - sure enough I wasn't getting it. My fix was to add it back in to Channels Received via Channel Preferences in TivoWebPlus. Probably can do that via the 'real' (tv based) TiVo interface also.
Hope that helps...

Wanted
13-01-2006, 07:51 PM
I can't see it on the TiVo to re-add and I don't have TivoWebPlus. I'll look into getting TivoWebPlus set up I guess. Thanks for the info.

Wanted
13-01-2006, 08:48 PM
I kind of got tivowebplus working but it still isn't there. Even worse now the phone call doesn't work o(>_<)o. Any suggestions before I try to watch everything and re-image? :( I tried to switch back and just broke it more.... so I re-installed tivowebplus. Here is the error I get when I try to force a call with it:

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_Phone '/' ''
no value given for parameter "dst" to "get_tzoffset"
while executing
"get_tzoffset $time"
(procedure "ftime" line 2)
invoked from within
"ftime [expr $PHInfo(LastSuccessCall)] "%A, %b %d at %1I:%M %P""
(procedure "action_Phone_UI" line 23)
invoked from within
"action_Phone_UI $chan $path $env"
(procedure "::action_Phone" line 3)
invoked from within
"::action_$action $chan $part $env"
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
"eval {::action_$action $chan $part $env}"
--cut here--

SeanOffShotgun
14-01-2006, 06:44 AM
I can't see it on the TiVo to re-add and I don't have TivoWebPlus. I'll look into getting TivoWebPlus set up I guess. Thanks for the info.
On the TiVo go to:

Messages & Setup \
My Preferences \
Customize Channels \ (urrgghhh what horrible spelling)
Channels You Receive ...

Sorry, I didn't mean to lead you down a TiVoWebPlus path of difficulty, and I don't know what that gobbledy-gook TiVoWebPlus output means - hopefully some guru or other will wake up from their new year revelling soon.

Wanted
14-01-2006, 07:00 AM
Yeah, that's where I was looking. It goes from 42-49 but no 43. We must have different setups. I'm on Saturn and orac port 80. I should have known better than to fix it when it wasn't broke and on Friday 13th too :rolleyes:

Update: Yay... I'm back where I started. I got the old TiVo Web working again. I can force the call now. So the only problem now is the missing channel.

SeanOffShotgun
14-01-2006, 08:18 AM
Oh, Saturn, sorry, I'm up there with Lucy and her diamonds.

thomson
14-01-2006, 05:48 PM
I kind of got tivowebplus working but it still isn't there.
If you are interested in a port of TWP (1.2.2) with a few modifications to, hopefully, sort out any errors you may be experiencing then you may like to try this version (http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/pub/Uploads/WebHome/tivowebplus-1.2.2-oztivo.tgz) from the Uploads section on Minnie.

Wanted
14-01-2006, 08:16 PM
Thanks for the modded version. I actually have them both running together now on different ports. With TivoWebPlus it brings up the phone call screen ok now, but if you force a call it seems to sit there with the "SettingUp" status. The old TivoWeb phone module is calling and updating fine.

Wanted
14-01-2006, 08:33 PM
That's strange. If I go into ChannelMap in Tivowebplus I can see:

Cartoon 43 SaturnCable 2371/176 1910094/-1

But still can't choose it under channels I receive etc.

thomson
15-01-2006, 01:14 PM
That's strange. If I go into ChannelMap in Tivowebplus I can see:

Cartoon 43 SaturnCable 2371/176 1910094/-1

But still can't choose it under channels I receive etc.

Have a look at the Channel Prefs module in TivoWebPlus, that should allow you to setup the channels your receive... Considering the odd behaviour you have been experiencing, I have a feeling that there is a headend/MFS issue with that channel (could be a duplicate key or someting similar).
I can't help with the trouble you are having with the phone module as neither of my systems are setup to use an emulator so I have nothing to test it with :(

Wanted
15-01-2006, 04:03 PM
It's not there in channel prefs. Does anyone else use the saturn setup and DOES have channel 43?