PDA

View Full Version : Tivo Stability

timmy
28-04-2004, 10:36 AM
I have heard from a couple of people that the latest oztivo image isn't completely stable. Having used an older version for over 6 months and never having any crashes (just as it should be) except when I deliberately messed something up via telnet I would expect the same from the latest image.

It's possible the inclusion of additional tivoweb modules may have affected stability. Having not used it I can't comment. Anyone have any comments on the stability of the new Oztivo image? I know there is another thread about Tivoweb stability but there wasn't many replies. I Don't see much talk about stability on oztivo emailing list either... so dunno what the story is.

fess up guys, who's tivo is rocksolid and who's is not, if not what is the problem, when is it happening, and any reasons you can think of why it's crashing/stalling, etc.

zollymonsta
28-04-2004, 12:40 PM
Heya...

Mine seems pretty solid. I mean, the only trouble I'm having is with the TiVo being unresponsive at times to the remote (usually the up arrow).
It's possible that this is since I programmed a code into it to control the volume on my stereo, yet I'm still to work out if that's the case.

Anyone know how to reset the TiVo remote back to the factory defaults? (No codes for volume/tv?)

tenty
28-04-2004, 09:15 PM
As far as I know, mine's rock solid.

I had problems with the OzTiVo image 1.2 but 1.3 is fine.

DavidSymons
28-04-2004, 10:07 PM
Running fine for me. I've only had this TiVo for a week though. I had problems with my first TiVo which turned out to be hardware - its motherboard is currently back with the seller.

29-04-2004, 08:13 AM
I also am now running 1.3. I have not had any issues apart from the clock running slow. Hourly updates to my NTP server seem to be fixing that.

I have installed the hack to enable the old 30 sec skip and all the functions, and despite some people having this lock te box, its been going past 4 days without slowing or a hitch.

brucer
29-04-2004, 09:09 AM
I've had continual problems where the Tivo runs fine for a couple days after re-imaging the harddrive but then starts to pause/pixellate randomly on recorded video (glitching is actually recorded) then the menus slow down. I've tried disabling various hacks etc but have now replaced the harddrive so I'm interested to see what happens over the next few days, all in all it's been a bit of a PITA but having lived with the Tivo for a while now I couldn't possibly consider living without one :D

brucer
29-04-2004, 09:12 AM
btw, I use best quality video for everything and have disabled the "save disk space" option.. I read somewhere that people have experienced video stuttering on best quality.. what quality settings are people using here?

zollymonsta
29-04-2004, 03:22 PM
I have mine set to best quality as well and 'save disk space' turned off.
No problem with mpeg blocking at all.

Charliektm400exc
29-04-2004, 05:16 PM
As far as we can tell the latest image 1.3 is fine. Certainly for the vast majority of people

The known unstable image is 1.2

Charlie

brucer
30-04-2004, 06:36 AM
well, since I got the new hard-drive it's been rock solid *touch wood* :)

hongkongfooey
05-05-2004, 08:44 PM
Mine has no troubles what so ever... :D