PDA

View Full Version : Failed preparing data

ianwgtn
06-11-2005, 07:17 PM
Hi,

Newbie question here but has anyone else had "failed preparing data" messages for the past couple of days?

My tclient.conf entry for the emulator is:
127::210.48.107.133:80:::

I got the IP address by doing a lookup of www.caffeine.co.nz

Thanks,
Ian

DJC
06-11-2005, 09:05 PM
What postcode are you on?

ianwgtn
07-11-2005, 05:13 PM
Hi DJC,

Thanks for the follow up. I'm on the Saturn TV postcode. Looks like it isn't an issue now though, I've come home tonight and everything is back to normal with data up to the 17th loaded.

One more question though -- sometimes after I have forced a daily call the wishlist and season pass features don't seem to work. Do I need to force a re-index? I have tried that in the past using forceindex.sh but it didn't seem to have any effect.

Cheers,
Ian

donm
07-11-2005, 06:00 PM
Hi

Yes I have that problem. I cleared old guide data and did a daily call. All went well - Indexed data and then displayed "failed preparing data" in TiVo Web.

If I try and schedule a recordng from TiVo web I get an error display when I click on a programme in the grid.

Any ideas? I'm using port 80 on orac. Sky digital.

Don

zollymonsta
07-11-2005, 06:13 PM
Hi DJC,

Thanks for the follow up. I'm on the Saturn TV postcode. Looks like it isn't an issue now though, I've come home tonight and everything is back to normal with data up to the 17th loaded.

One more question though -- sometimes after I have forced a daily call the wishlist and season pass features don't seem to work. Do I need to force a re-index? I have tried that in the past using forceindex.sh but it didn't seem to have any effect.

Cheers,
Ian

First thing to do is take a look here (http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/bin/view/FAQ/MyTivoSaysIHaveNoGuideData)

to check that TiVo has indeed finished indexing.... If it has then go here

here (http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/bin/view/Guidedata/WhyIsThereNoGuideData)

Check for the 'Clock is warped' problem. This usually causes problems with seasons passes.

ZollyMonsta

donm
07-11-2005, 07:31 PM
I have clock is warped problem. thanks for the tip. Fixtivotime was not on my machine for some reason.

Now can you help me send a file to Tivo using hyperterminal. I could do it using a serial connection. Now on IP address nothing happens.

I can do everything else using hyperterminal but not send files.

Sorry still on the steep part of the curve.

Cheers

Don

zollymonsta
07-11-2005, 09:49 PM
Are you connecting with Hyperterminal via serial.. or TCP/IP (Network Cable) ?

I'm not even sure you can send files via Hyperterminal (I'm sure the other end.. namely the tivo, has to accept the file).

zollymonsta
07-11-2005, 09:51 PM
I attached the 'fixtivotime' file to the bottom of

http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/bin/view/FAQ/MyTivoSaysIHaveNoGuideData

It's zipped up, so you'll need to unzip before sending to your tivo (send in binary mode).

I have clock is warped problem. thanks for the tip. Fixtivotime was not on my machine for some reason.

Now can you help me send a file to Tivo using hyperterminal. I could do it using a serial connection. Now on IP address nothing happens.

I can do everything else using hyperterminal but not send files.

Sorry still on the steep part of the curve.

Cheers

Don

donm
08-11-2005, 04:53 PM
Hi

Thanks for your help. Excellent. Got the file off the net and was able to connect to the Tivo by serial. (I have both network and serial connections enabled) ran the file and got an error that seems to be linked to the world time setting part of that script. Not sure if that matters.

I have guide data in place. I get an error from the tivo web if I try and select a programme to record.

As below
INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_showing '/405473/104' ''
can't read "cache_sp_key": no such variable
while executing
"lsearch $cache_sp_key "$seriesfsid|$stationid""
(procedure "::action_showing" line 621)
invoked from within
"::action_$action $chan $part $env"
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
"eval {::action_$action $chan $part $env}"
--cut here--

Any ideas?

Don

zollymonsta
09-11-2005, 09:00 AM
Strange.. first thing I would try is telnetting into your tivo and type

dos2unix fixtivotime

then try running it again.

petestrash
09-11-2005, 12:52 PM
I have guide data in place. I get an error from the tivo web if I try and select a programme to record.

This error is quite normal if the indexing of the data has not completed.

Once the daily call is complete the guide info will show up straight away, but it will not be available for recording until the indexing has also completed.

All fixtivotime does is update the timestamp of the /var/timestamp file & set the time using rtimetz. If the warped clock has been fixed then fixtivotime has done it's job and it has nothing to do with dos2unix errors.

fixtivotime was not included in the r1.4 image on purpose as time sync is now handled differently.

If you are running an early version of r1.4 (<18/4/5) there is a known problem where the wrong ntpdate file snuck into the image and this can cause clock warps. Later r1.4 versions will never have clock warp problems (assuming they can make successful daily calls).

the correct fix for this is to replace the faulty file with: ntpdate (http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/pub/Uploads/WebHome/ntpdate)

Peter

zollymonsta
09-11-2005, 01:52 PM
:( Im wrong again.. *sigh*

tonys
09-11-2005, 02:05 PM
Hi, it appears I am running the early version of image 1.4 as I occasionally get the warped clock problem. How do I go about getting the fix onto my Tivo? I use Putty to talk to my Tivo, I have mastered changing emulator etc, but don't know how to upload files, any help would be appreciatted.

petestrash
09-11-2005, 02:31 PM
Just enter the following into putty:

cd /bin
rw
mv ntpdate ntpdate.old
wget http://131.244.9.101/twiki/pub/Uploads/WebHome/ntpdate
ro

Then just force a daily call.

Peter.

tonys
09-11-2005, 06:28 PM
Cheers Pete, when I hit 'Enter' at the end of the 'wget' line, it appeared to try to connect to the website, is that right? it failed to connect. I then typed ro to go back to read only, then forced a daily call, is that right? Any way to tell if it's worked?

petestrash
09-11-2005, 07:48 PM
That command fetches the file from minnie.

So it does need to connect so it can grab the file.

I can't remember the exact wording, but you should get a message confirming the file has been saved and the size and speed of the download.

If it's not connecting, that may also be causing problems with your daily call failing resulting in a warped clock.

try the diagnostics section of NetworkingHowto (http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/bin/view/Network/NetworkingHowto) and see if you have any problems with those tasks.

Peter

tonys
09-11-2005, 09:14 PM
Had another go, downloaded this time, think I missed a capital letter or something in the address last time. Cheers!

donm
10-11-2005, 05:48 PM
Hi

My Tivo seems to be OK now. I have updated the to the latest version of tivoweb. Just ran the script as suggested by pete to get ntpdate. All seemed to go ok.

I Chmoded the file 777 as it seemed to have very little permissions as downloaded. I'll now do a daily call and see how we go. Hopefully no more warped clock.

Don