PDA

View Full Version : Will TiVo work for me

Tam59
01-11-2005, 12:21 AM
Hi I currently watch live streaming soccer on my pc the the trouble is it continually rebuffs and the picture freezes for anything between 10seconds to 1 minute with TiVo would I get a continual stream if I were to delay the start of the stream say by five minutes then start to watch the game Or would Tivo record these interupptions and I would still get the picture freeze ? Does this make sense to anyone. :confused: :

zollymonsta
01-11-2005, 07:18 AM
You need to not start watching the same time as the programme starts on tivo (if you are viewing the live buffer).

Tam59
01-11-2005, 06:13 PM
Ok I think you are saying it will work but will it eliminate the buffering when I start to watch ?

This may sound silly but what exactly do I need ?

Thanks in advance

thomson
02-11-2005, 09:25 AM
Ok I think you are saying it will work but will it eliminate the buffering when I start to watch ?

There could be a mixup here... The TiVo is a great tool for watching/buffering TV broadcasts obtained via a FTA antenna or Sky/Saturn decoder. If you are watching an Internet broadcast stream then a TiVo will not suit your situation. Technically you could stream the feed to your PC and then take the output from that (via a TV-out card) and record it on the TiVo, but it is probably not what you are after... you are better off increasing the preload-buffer within the software you are using on the PC so that the stream is continuous (assuming the software allows you to set a higher buffer).