PDA

View Full Version : Wont let me access "Recorder & Phone Setup"

spawn154
14-10-2005, 07:31 PM
Hello,

I have a two day old Tivo. All is working well.

Only one problem is when It wont let me access "Recorder & Phone Setup"

I want to make the daily call now (as I had to unplug it from the tv)

Any ideas?

:confused:

petestrash
14-10-2005, 09:17 PM
Hi and welcome to the forums.

You will find most new things you come across others have also found and documented in the past.

It's always worth searching the oztivo website or the forums first before asking questions.

In this case a search of "Recorder & Phone Setup" in either location would bring up answers for you.

If you have a read of FAQ/ProblemsAndSolutions (http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/bin/view/FAQ/ProblemsAndSolutions) you'll find the following answer:

"I can't access "Recorder & Phone Setup", it just comes back to the menu again.

<P>This is a known issue with Australia TiVo's, this menu doesn't work while the TiVo is in PAL mode. You need to be in either NTSC or Guided Setup/Maintenance Mode to access those pages. To change modes access the pal/ntsc tivoweb module, set to "PAL Guided Setup" mode, or "NTSC" mode, and reboot. You will be able to access the menus. Change it back to "PAL" mode, and reboot when you are finished. But this is not required, our workaround is to use the Phone page on TiVoWeb to allow you to force a daily call which is the only thing you need that menu for.

To force a daily call use the "phone" menu on tivoweb or type "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/Dcall" into your browsers address bar, where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is your Tivo's IP address."

There are also other problems and solutions worth reading through while your there.

Peter