PDA

View Full Version : Some days/channels not showing up after daily call.

woz_331
07-10-2005, 07:50 PM
Well after my difficult setup process where the TiVo didn't want to index the guide data, I finally got it to do something.

However, it did have a problem where it didn't want to load any guide data until last Wednesday morning, up until then I simply got 'Upcoming:'.

Anyway, I called in today and it downloaded the new data. Once again, it had some problems loading it in. :(

Here is a list of what days I have available for each channel (All days are inclusive):
1-TenVic: Data until Thursday.
2-ABCVic: Data until Sunday, then from Wednesday to Thursday.
3-SBSVic: Data until Sunday, then from Wednesday to Thursday.
7-SevenMel: Data until Monday, then from Wednesday to Thursday.
9-NineMel: Data until Monday, then from Wednesday to Thursday.
21-ABC2: Data until Thursday.
33-SBSWN: No guide data.

Does anyone know what is going wrong with it? I have tried running force_index, but to no avail. I have also checked myslices.pl and it says all have downloaded.

This is starting to worry me, can anyone help?

petestrash
08-10-2005, 12:03 AM
Assuming the TiVo has not sorted itself out overnight, do another daily call.

Friday's slice was generated around 6pm EST and with that slice loaded, your tivo should be able to show all channels filled with data to Thursday.

If after forcing a daily call, indexing and then waiting at least 6 hours (without reboots) the data is still not there PM me your TiVoID.

Peter.

woz_331
09-10-2005, 03:22 PM
If after forcing a daily call, indexing and then waiting at least 6 hours (without reboots) the data is still not there PM me your TiVoID.

It didn't sort itself out.

I tried PMing you my TiVo ID, but it said you don't allow them or something. :confused:

petestrash
10-10-2005, 04:21 PM
I forgot PM's don't work properly on this board. :(

Got your email anyway. I can see the last slice you loaded was around 8:40pm Sunday night.

So, what gaps do you have currently.

Peter.

woz_331
10-10-2005, 06:24 PM
So, what gaps do you have currently.

At the moment:
3-SBSVIC has no data for today or tomorrow.
33-SBSWN has no data until Saturday.

Otherwise, all data is complete until Saturday.

Thanks.

petestrash
11-10-2005, 03:15 PM
Do a daily call after 7pm tonight and tell me if you now have 33-sbswn guide for Wednesday.

Peter.

JohnB
11-10-2005, 07:58 PM
I'm also having the same problem with some channels not having data for today and some of tomorrow etc (Fox Sports - both, MTV are among them). So not the same set as woz_331. Have set a daily call about an hour ago but it hasn't worked (when the time was around 19:50):

53 19 * * * /var/hack/daily_call.tcl > /var/log/daily_call &

It executed as the timestamp on the /var/log/daily_call file indicated. btw, is it normal for this to write out a zero byte file? It's been writing out a zero byte file on each run since I set it up last year and the guide generally *does* get updated.

I have a daily call for 3pm daily permanently in my crontab and it has worked fine without this problem for a few months. Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

petestrash
12-10-2005, 10:52 AM
I'm also having the same problem with some channels not having data for today and some of tomorrow etc (Fox Sports - both, MTV are among them).

Sorry too late to help you with data missing for today.

It executed as the timestamp on the /var/log/daily_call file indicated. btw, is it normal for this to write out a zero byte file? It's been writing out a zero byte file on each run since I set it up last year and the guide generally *does* get updated..

Basically the indexer checks the date stamp of this file, and will only start indexing if the datecode is different to when the indexing was last run. This is the only purpose of this file.

I have a daily call for 3pm daily permanently in my crontab and it has worked fine without this problem for a few months. Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

While this works, you will always be a day behind. Slices are generally ready around 6pm EST each day (though sometimes later). But your 3pm call will always pickup the slices from the day before. I suggest moving to 6-6:30pm then if there have been any a last minute changes for that night you will get them in time.

I also suggest adding another cron job 10 minutes later to run force_index, to be sure everything is done in time.

Peter.

JohnB
12-10-2005, 11:41 AM
Thanks Peter. Will move it to 6:30pm and get the force index to run 10 mins after.

woz_331
12-10-2005, 08:58 PM
Do a daily call after 7pm tonight and tell me if you now have 33-sbswn guide for Wednesday.

Peter.
Yes, but Friday is missing, as well as almost all of Thursday.

petestrash
12-10-2005, 11:55 PM
Yes, but Friday is missing, as well as almost all of Thursday.

I needed to know if the changes I made worked, before I wasted my time on fixing the other days for you... :D

It's now too late for Thursday, but I will fix up Friday for you which will be available after 7pm Thursday.

Peter

woz_331
15-10-2005, 10:22 AM
Ok, here is what I have now:
1-Ten-Vic: Data until Thursday Oct20
2-ABC-Vic: Data until Thursday Oct20
3-SBS-Vic: Data until Thursday Oct20
7-Seven-Mel: Data until Thursday Oct20
9-Nine-Mel: Data until Thursday Oct20
21-ABC2: Data until Thursday Oct20
33-SBSWN: Data until Friday Oct28 (Arabic News showing 12:00AM Saturday Oct29)

I checked this against the online guide and all appears normal. :)

What I am worried about though is that I will not be able to trust my TiVo if I go away.

petestrash
15-10-2005, 06:28 PM
What I am worried about though is that I will not be able to trust my TiVo if I go away.

This I can't help you with, TiVo rarely has problems but as with any PC based product glitches are bound to happen. Only way to be sure is buy a 2nd unit as a backup :D , works for me.

Peter.