PDA

View Full Version : Tivo Video Jerky

thomen
14-09-2005, 09:02 AM
Hi All,
tivo's up and running thanks to oztivo.com for the intuitive and extensive guides which have made the set up process a breeze.. there are some truely amazing minds involved...

im running a foxtel stu120 via composite video into tivo in and straight into an av on my tv (as the foxtel stu120 box has no rf out) on watching live tv the video is very jerky and stop start... the tivo is an sony svr2000 new straight from the US with a palmod done running a turbonet card and a 30gb maxtor... i was wondering what i can do to watch/record smoothly.. at presant i cant watch foxtel without going through tivo and it is just too jerky...
any hints/suggestions as to how to overcome this would be greatly appreciated..
also my clock is hideously out saying it is 3pm or so when in actual fact it is 8:30pm or so... on the site it says "run the script timezoneadj30.tcl and choose 7 (GMT)" alas being a unix newbie how would i go about correcting this!

thank you again for all your help,
- tom

Darren King
14-09-2005, 11:40 AM
Hi.

This is normal if you have just set up your TiVo. Leave it for about 8 hours and do a couple of reboots until you see the OzTiVo splash screen change from "Maintenance Mode" to "Starting Up....." and you will be fine both with the jerky video and the clock issue.

alas being a unix newbie
You don't need to know anything about linux to successfully set up and run a TiVo in this day and age now that almost everything is handed to you on a platter with the R1.4 OzTiVo software release :)