PDA

View Full Version : Search by Title does not show all Shows

Lurker
05-09-2005, 10:12 AM
I have done a search of the forums and have not found an answer - Has anyone noticed if you search by title you do not get all the instances of a show on all channels.

For example if you search for "Angel" you get the show on SKY but not the show on TV3 around 11.15pm on Tuesdays - yet if you go through the guide data on live TV to Tuesday then bingo there it is.

I am reasonably sure when I had the Tivo service in the UK it would show all episodes in search by title including repeats and older episodes (e.g. Sky1 and Sky1 +1 would both show up even though +1 was a repeat of SKY1 one hour later

Simialr problem with "Desparate Housewives"on TV2 - there in the live TV overlay but not in search by title - is it a refusal to seach FTA even though it is FTA on SKY data?

The reson this is a problem is those using SKY data to check FTA channels will not show all progams that are in the Guide Data - and I wonder if this goes as far as breaking Suggestions - sniff I may never notice a new Joss Weadon show on TV again..... :o

Chris

tenty
06-09-2005, 09:33 PM
This might be a indexing issue. If you don't leave your TiVo to index the full 48 hrs of your TV Guide data, you cannot correctly use the "Search by Title" option.

Alternativly, if you have your guide data, and a show has already passed its day, I have experienced that it will NOT show in the "Search by Title" until the upcoming week of TV Guide Data has been downloaded by your TiVo and indexed properlly.

If you get stuck however, you could probably add a Wishlist with the title name just so you catch the upcoming shows so you can then set a Season Pass for it.

Hope this answer helps.

Cheers

Lurker
06-09-2005, 09:37 PM
To get tivo to index properly do you need to run GS again?

tenty
06-09-2005, 09:48 PM
Nope. Just wait ;)

Alternativly, you can telnet into your tivo and run the force_index30.tcl script by typing it into the command line.