PDA

View Full Version : Incorrect Guide Data - Help

Bruce C
30-08-2005, 02:09 PM
I am a Foxtel Sat user based in Melbourne.

Since I first setup Tivo I have been picking up FTA and Sat Guide Data for Sydney. I have gone through the Guided Setup several times to make sure that the post code is correctly set to Melbourne (which it is).

To add insult to injury I have not had Guide Data (Syd or Mel) for any FTA channels for several weeks (daily connection is working fine) and am no longer receiving satellite signal for ABC or ABC2 (possible problem with the Foxtel setup).

Would appreciate some feed back on

1. How to resolve the correct guide data dilemma?
2. Has any one else experienced the loss of the ABC and ABC2 signal

Darren King
30-08-2005, 02:20 PM
Hi Bruce and welcome.

There is a similar (but closed) thread here that might help your question re guide data http://forums.oztivo.net/showthread.php?t=672

As for your ABC/ABC2 signal if these are the ONLY channels that do not receive then it is more likely a Foxtel problem. Quickest way of checking it feed the signal from the STB direct to your TV (ie take the TiVo out of the loop). Can't really help more than that as I don't have Foxtel.

Bruce C
30-08-2005, 02:53 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome and quick rely Darren.

I have had a look at the closed thread. It seems like an identical problem. What I cannot determine from the thread is the solution. Does admin have to change the lineups (dont quite understand what they are) or is it something I need to do.

As for the Foxtel problem, it is with Foxtel and not Tivo.

Darren King
30-08-2005, 03:50 PM
Sorry Bruce but apart from pointing you to something I thought might be a similar problem that's about it for what I do software wise. I'm the hardware repairs, spares and modifications person in OzTiVo and leave the software and guide data stuff to others. Too much work for one person to do :)

Petestrash should pop up later and may be able to give you a hand on this one.

petestrash
31-08-2005, 12:38 AM
Darren was right about linking to the previous thread. we did have some NSW FTA listed in place of VIC one's but it was fixed with the new headends. And have not had any complaints since.

First it would probably help to know which headend your Tivo is asking for.

Find your TiVo-ID FAQ/HowToFindTheUniqueTivoID (http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/bin/view/FAQ/HowToFindTheUniqueTivoID)

Then find which slices you have been downloading by going to myslices.pl (http://minnie.tuhs.org/tivo-bin/myslices.pl) and have a look at the name(s) of the slice files being downloaded.

Peter.

spangledog
31-08-2005, 10:57 AM
Sorry to hijack this thread - trying to solve a problem I posted yesterday at http://forums.oztivo.net/showthread.php?t=718

I am trying to figure out why I have no ABC - and am using this headend

provider: 02015 Foxtel Digital
version: 19
lineuptype: Satellite
use CableSat/Foxtel_Digital.lnup
channel: 100 Nine-Syd
channel: 107 Seven-Syd
channel: 110 Ten-NSW
channel: 126 ABC2 DoNotShift

But there is no ABC at 102???

Any advice appreciated

Bruce C
31-08-2005, 11:03 AM
Sounds like a similar problem, the only difference is that my headend is showing NSW and should be Vic. I also have no guide data for Nine or SBS.

Peter, thanks for your links etc

I have found my TiVo ID and the slice file it is picking up is VI13015_13024-13038.slice.gz, I have also changed my preferences in twiki and selected the Melb guide data and uploaded the guide data to tivo. Alas, the guide data for ABC, SBS and Nine is still empty with the headers saying ABC-NSW etc.

I am now wondering where I have gone wrong.

Rgds, Bruce C

petestrash
31-08-2005, 12:29 PM
I am trying to figure out why I have no ABC - and am using this headend 02015 Foxtel Digital

ABC seems to have been dropped from that headend, I will get it fixed.

You will recieve a message about new a channel added once it has been done.

Peter.

petestrash
31-08-2005, 12:42 PM
I have found my TiVo ID and the slice file it is picking up is VI13015_13024-13038.slice.gz. The guide data for ABC, SBS and Nine is still empty with the headers saying ABC-NSW etc.

It also sounds like a headend problem. I know we fixed VI03015, and VI13015 should be a copy of the same headend. Leave it with me and I'll get back to you.

Peter.

Bruce C
31-08-2005, 12:43 PM
Peter,

Appologies for being a bit slow on this but I am on a very steep learning curve. Will this also resolve the problems that I have experienced with incorrect headends (want Vic not NSW) and lack of guide data for ABC, Nine and SBS?

I have found my TiVo ID and the slice file it is picking up is VI13015_13024-13038.slice.gz, I have also changed my preferences in twiki and selected the Melb guide data and uploaded the guide data to tivo. Alas, the guide data for ABC, SBS and Nine is still empty with the headers saying ABC-NSW etc.

Bruce

petestrash
31-08-2005, 12:48 PM
Appologies for being a bit slow on this but I am on a very steep learning curve. Will this also resolve the problems that I have experienced with incorrect headends (want Vic not NSW) and lack of guide data for ABC, Nine and SBS?

Yes it should fix both problems, NSW data was the original problem with VI03015 before we fixed it.

Peter.

Bruce C
31-08-2005, 01:18 PM
Thanks Peter

spangledog
31-08-2005, 01:26 PM
Cheers from me too - thought I was going mad....

petestrash
01-09-2005, 10:56 AM
Originally Posted by spangledog
I am trying to figure out why I have no ABC - and am using this headend 02015 Foxtel Digital

Your headend has been fixed, it should be picked up with the next daily call.

You will have to add the channel once it appears.

Peter.

petestrash
01-09-2005, 11:00 AM
Will this also resolve the problems that I have experienced with incorrect headends (want Vic not NSW) and lack of guide data for ABC, Nine and SBS?

Bruce,

Your problem is a bit different. The headend seems to be correct. So I am thinking you just have not selected and deselected the right channels on your TiVo since this problem was fixed.

If you go into 'channels you recieve' deselect the NSW ones and select the VIC ones.

Peter.

spangledog
24-10-2005, 07:08 PM
Peter,
Could you look into the headend config for NSW SAT FOXTEL. I don't seem to have SBS, and it does not to be in the config.

Thanks

Cameron

petestrash
24-10-2005, 08:02 PM
"Analog" or Digital NSW Foxtel Sat ?

Peter

spangledog
24-10-2005, 08:34 PM
"digital" digital fox sat!

petestrash
24-10-2005, 11:15 PM
Are you on NSW02015 Headend?

SBS is missing from this headend.

Can you tell me what channel SBS should be on and can you find out which States programming it is using. This is hard to see from watching as most times NSW/QLD/Vic are using the same schedule. Probably best checking with Foxtel.

Peter.

spangledog
26-10-2005, 02:30 PM
Yes I am on the 2015 headend, SBS should be 104. If you see my posts above, ABC was originally missing as well, but now have it back after you adjusted the headend.

cam

petestrash
26-10-2005, 09:56 PM
Ok it will be added, I'll assume you receive the NSW version of SBS.

Peter.