PDA

View Full Version : Error during Philips IR install

finethen
17-08-2005, 08:06 PM
:) Hi TiVo tinkerers, just bumbling through my attempt to set up a second TiVo. During my telnet session to install the Philips IR codes, after entering the STB name I get the following message:

"Setting PhilipsVCR codes for TiVo 10022...

can't open object (errDbNotFound) "

I am reluctant to do a further fresh install as I have done one already attempting to solve the problem, can anyone tell me what is possibly happening and how to solve, this is the last step everything else has worked well. The other TiVo also uses a Philips VCR as a STB.I have checked the record exists in the "MFS" module under TivoWeb when I browse through the database for "/Component/Ir/TivoFormat/10022".

Thanks for any help.

Andy :)

petestrash
18-08-2005, 01:59 AM
Hi Andy,

Unfortunately you have not given us much information as to what you have done to get to this stage.

I'll have to assume you are manually loading the IR from one of the 2 Philips codes on minnie.

Since the message says 'Setting PhilipsVCR codes for TiVo 10022' I have to also assume you have modified the files on minnie as they use 30044 & 30082.

Have you checked the file to make sure you haven't caused an error by your editing. Particularily the line which should read:

set tivoir [db $db open /Component/Ir/TivoFormat/10022]

Post the TCL here if you like.

Peter.

finethen
18-08-2005, 11:16 AM
Thanks for your help Peter, :)

I am using these instructions

http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/bin/view/IR/LoadCodesFromIRDatabase

My CableBoxCodeNum = 19 when following step 3 in the above instructions, that is screwed up I think?

I have included the tcl file this time.

It loads if I change my the 19 to 10022 but then wont change channels. There is no 30044 & 30082 in "/Component/Ir/TivoFormat/ when accessed thru TiVoweb.

Andy :confused:

petestrash
18-08-2005, 02:36 PM
I don't understand why you have such a low number for your cableboxnum.

I have sent a copy of the latest IR slice to Ed. He may load it onto the emulator so you can just pick the right code.

But in the meantime since you have already loaded the codes into 10022, we might as well change you to use that number instead.

1. Find your Source number, easy way is to use TivoWeb, click MFS Scroll down the page to "setup" Click the number in the third column.
2. look at the new page and write down the number that appear next to "source=".

Usually it will be in the form xxxx/xx or xxxxx/xx or xxxxxx/xx.

in a telnet session type the following replacing all the x's with your source numbers:

dbset xxxxxx/xx CableBoxCodeNum 10022

That should have changed your cableboxnum to 10022.

Try the remote now I think it works straight away, if not it may need a reboot to take effect.

Peter.

finethen
18-08-2005, 04:25 PM
Peter,

Thanks for the advice, finally got it working by selecting a different STB on guided setup with a STB number that appeared on TiVoWeb, twas 20000 to be exact and changed the Philips.tcl to show that number in the right places. Just followed the instructions and voila, Bobs Your Uncle. One Thomson TiVo purring away in the bedroom. :)

Thanks for the posts in the forums brother you have helped so many. :)

Next challenge is to get it running using its own tuner rather than the VCR's. I have followed a few threads in here but they have stagnated or I have not understood them. I would like to hear from someone who is running FTA in NZ with the emulator.

And Triangle TV, when Triangle gets it together (Yes I'm an Auckland Resident) appearing in the schedules would be pretty cool. ;)

Darren King
18-08-2005, 04:58 PM
Although not having set up a NZ TiVo software wise I have done quite a few tuner installs that have headed to NZ and heard of no problems so that should give you some encouragement.