PDA

View Full Version : Gaps in guide data

tonys
10-08-2005, 04:37 PM
Is it just me or has anyone else got 'to be announced' on several channels at the moment, TV2, 3 and Prime.

brucer
10-08-2005, 05:37 PM
It's not just you :)

tonys
10-08-2005, 05:41 PM
that's allright then! as long as it's not just me being bollocked cos tivo hasn't recorded Scrubs! :)

DJC
10-08-2005, 06:01 PM
What emulator are you on?

zollymonsta
10-08-2005, 06:43 PM
The Dev Emulator on port 8000 seems to be ok.

DJC
10-08-2005, 06:51 PM
Yep, I'm 8000 as well and thats fine, was wondering whether it was the orac port 80 or standard.

tonys
10-08-2005, 07:01 PM
I'm on the normal(?) emulator, port 80 I think, beyond my technical ability to change to the development one! Anyone willing to talk me through changing?
Word of one sylabble or less please!

zollymonsta
11-08-2005, 06:24 AM
Sounds like you're on the original emulator which Ed was running?

tonys
11-08-2005, 06:35 AM
I guess so, I didn't set the Tivo up, so can't be sure. Would like to change to Dev emulator, but don't have the confidence to start changing code!

BruceC
11-08-2005, 07:26 AM
Hi,

Does the Developer and Ed's Emulator use the same slice?
I am on Ed's emulator which didn't have data, so last night I downloaded it manually from ftp://210.48.107.133 and got the nztivo.slice - that gave me data which was great.....

BUT....my real question is....

Does the Developer slice (which I saw listed next to the one I downloaded - and I assume is what is used when you switch to the Developer emulator) - does it contain data with less "holes" in it? - Don't get me wrong I fully appreciate the efforts made by you wonderful people who provide me with Guide Data but it does seem to have more large gaps in it during recent weeks (on the major channels 1.2.3 etc).

So if the developer slice was "better" data then I would switch to that. I assume there is nothing I have to do other than change the IP and Port number....could someone tell me what the developer one is (as it should be entered into Tivo via Telnet)

Cheers
Bruce

DJC
11-08-2005, 07:56 AM
They both source data from the same place. So one would expect them to be pretty similar ... but thats why its a development slice, we are testing that.

The basic difference is the way the slice is constructed. The dev slice has been designed to be abstracted through a database, it gets built nightly from this database.

The medium term goal is to get the community involved in management of the data, ie be able to update and augment show information.. and fix holes.. There are some developers on the web interface side for various aspects now.

[Features of the development slice are listed here (http://forums.oztivo.net/showthread.php?t=586), details on the emulators here (http://forums.oztivo.net/showthread.php?p=4410)]

ehintz
12-08-2005, 10:54 AM
They both source data from the same place. So one would expect them to be pretty similar ... but thats why its a development slice, we are testing that.

Only significant diffence (as far as I'm aware anyway) would be time, there would tend to be a delay in the original emulator getting the data as it's been grabbing it via a cron job 2x daily. I just bumped that up to hourly, so it should be a bit faster in getting new slices ready for distro.