PDA

View Full Version : Foxtel Digital Satelite Victoria gets NSW guide

rhamer
30-07-2005, 01:43 PM
Hi,

I have a problem with my TIVO program guide.

I have set it up to use Foxtel Digital Satelite Victoria settings but when it imports the channels all the FTA channels are for NSW ie channel 100 which is channel 9 FTA is listed as NSW, as is the other FTA channels.

I have rerun the guided setup 3 times and triple checked all my entries, with the same result.

I even set it up as if I was in perth just to see if that would make a difference, which it did and showed up correctly for Perth. But when I swiched back to Victoria the NSW channels come back.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Regards

Rohan

petestrash
30-07-2005, 03:16 PM
Hi Rohan,

Can you check which lineup your tivo is receiving. look in otclient log and find which headend you are downloading. There will be a line like:
Jul 29 16:00:40 (none) comm[148]: working on headend, TMS Id:XXXXXXX

Where XXXXXXX will be something like VI03015.

At the moment we have the following for that lineup.

provider: 03015 Foxtel Digital
version: 19
lineuptype: Satellite
use CableSat/Foxtel_Digital.lnup
channel: 100 Nine-Syd
channel: 102 ABC-NSW
channel: 104 SBS-NSW
channel: 107 Seven-Syd
channel: 110 Ten-NSW

Can you confirm these are incorrect, and that you are definately using foxtel digital satellite.

In the meantime I'll see how many others are using this lineup and why they have not complained.

Peter

rhamer
30-07-2005, 07:00 PM
Hi Peter,

I'm sorry but my unix capabilities are almost zero.

I can telnet in ok but I have no idea where (or how) to go from there.

Can you tell me where to look, and how to open a file.

Sorry for being so dumb.

Regards

Rohan

Darren King
30-07-2005, 10:09 PM
Hi Rohan

Actually despite what most people think most things involved with maintaining and diagnosing a TiVo don't involve having to know one solitary thing about unix/linux.

In your instance, otclient can be viewed easily from your web browser if you know how to access TiVoWEB. In TiVoWEB you will see a tab called "logs" and in there you will find otclient

petestrash
31-07-2005, 01:18 AM
Rohan,

Adding the help Darren offered, just enter http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/logs/Otclient/ into a browser, where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the IP address of the TiVo. This will list the contents of the log.

Most browsers have a find function (on IE6.0 its ctrl+F) enter 'TMS' into the find field and see what comes up.

When fox dig sat first started rebroadcasting FTA they only used NSW as the source, this may have changed. Digital Cable though does use local stations.

Can you confirm which FTA stations you receive via fox digital sat, their channel numbers and that you definitely don't receive the NSW versions.

It should be easy to tell as most channels have different news services for each state, execept SBS which has only rare variations in programming between east coast cities anyway.

Peter

rhamer
31-07-2005, 07:10 AM
Thanks for the help guys.

Ok, I found the correct log and this is what mine says;

Jul 29 17:13:32 (none) comm[153]: working on headend, TMS Id: VI03015

This seems to be what you thought it would be and so I can confirm that the lineup appears to be incorrect.

provider: 03015 Foxtel Digital
version: 19
lineuptype: Satellite
use CableSat/Foxtel_Digital.lnup
channel: 100 Nine-Syd
channel: 102 ABC-NSW
channel: 104 SBS-NSW
channel: 107 Seven-Syd
channel: 110 Ten-NSW

Am I the only Foxtel Digital Satellite user in Melbourne?

BTW I also get 2 of channel 102 and 104 and I have to remove 1 of them from the channels that I receive list, otherwise I cant scroll past them when looking at the program guide.

Even when I set up for Perth as a test I still got an additional NSW 102, but I did also get a WA 102.

Also there is currently no CH7 (107) or CH10 (110) FTA rebroadcast on Foxtel Digital Satellite, apparently this is still in negotiation, but the spots are reserved for when the sort it out.

Thanks again for your help

Rohan

P.S I just found this line in the same log further down;

Jul 29 17:13:34 (none) comm[153]: working on headend, TMS Id: VI03001

I assume this is for my FTA Digital STB. This works fine.

petestrash
31-07-2005, 02:48 PM
Am I the only Foxtel Digital Satellite user in Melbourne?

No, just the only one to mention this problem.

BTW I also get 2 of channel 102 and 104 and I have to remove 1 of them from the channels that I receive list, otherwise I cant scroll past them when looking at the program guide.

This is a known issue and is on the todo list.

Also there is currently no CH7 (107) or CH10 (110) FTA rebroadcast on Foxtel Digital Satellite, apparently this is still in negotiation, but the spots are reserved for when the sort it out.?

We have created these channels for future use.

Can you confirm which FTA stations you receive via fox digital sat, their channel numbers and that you definitely don't receive the NSW versions.

It should be easy to tell as most channels have different news services for each state, execept SBS which has only rare variations in programming between east coast cities anyway.

So are you positive you receive Victorian ABC,SBS, & Nine on your foxtel box.

Peter.

rhamer
31-07-2005, 03:54 PM
Hi Peter,

So are you positive you receive Victorian ABC,SBS, & Nine on your foxtel box.
I am 99.9% sure, certainly CH9 is Victorian.

I will do some testing now and compare what I am receiving via FTA with what I'm getting from Foxtel for ABC & SBS.

Cheers

Rohan

rhamer
31-07-2005, 04:14 PM
Hi Peter,

I am definately getting the same thing for CH9 ABC & SBS (all be it with a 5 second time delay)

I ran both the FTA and Foxtel signals to the TV at the same time, using PIP so there would be no mistake.

Cheers

Rohan

petestrash
31-07-2005, 05:07 PM
Most of the FTA programming on ABC, Nine, and SBS is the same most of the time, so you will generally not see any difference.

The best way to check, is to watch the news broadcasts and see if it's local Melbourne or Sydney news shown.

It's strange no one else has reported the problem. So I would like to be positive before changing this for everyone.

Peter

rhamer
31-07-2005, 06:52 PM
Ok, I watched the news service on all 3 channels and apart from being extraordinarily well informed on both local and overseas events, I can confirm that I am definately getting local Melbourne programming on Ch9, ABC & SBS.

Cheers

Rohan

petestrash
31-07-2005, 11:07 PM
Ok,

I'll see what the other Admins say about getting the headend changed.

It doesn't really make much positive difference as the schedules are so similar.

But it will have a major one-time negative effect, in that Season Passes for those stations will all fail when the headend is changed.

Peter.

rhamer
01-08-2005, 07:15 AM
Hi Peter,

It doesn't really make much positive difference as the schedules are so similar.
But it will have a major one-time negative effect, in that Season Passes for those stations will all fail when the headend is changed.
But this is the whole point, at the moment I can receive the FTA stuff via a digital STB, but for some stations the signal is too weak to get a good lock all the time. So I want to disable some of the FTA channels from mt STB and enable the Foxtel ones, but the tv guide gives me NSW programming, which is more different than you might think, especially in the area of football, AFL v NRL.

Thanks for your help

Cheers

Rohan

petestrash
02-08-2005, 12:51 AM
It appears this problem is also carried over to Foxtel Digital Satellite for Qld & SA. Changes will have to be made to the foxtel digital headend, as well as each states individual cable and satellite headends because of the doubling up of abc & sbs.

It will be corrected, and you will receive a message on your TiVo once the lineups have been changed.

Peter.

rhamer
02-08-2005, 06:46 AM
Thanks again for all your help.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do.

Cheers

Rohan

petestrash
04-08-2005, 12:41 PM
It will be corrected, and you will receive a message on your TiVo once the lineups have been changed.

The lineups have been changed and you should either have it already or after your next daily call.

Peter.

rhamer
04-08-2005, 06:15 PM
Thanks Peter, I have now got them.

Rohan