PDA

View Full Version : Check Scheduled Recordings

thomson
26-07-2005, 06:10 PM
I have no idea if this will be of much use to anyone else, but it might help you manage an issue some people have with the title of shows changing formats.

It is a little hard to explain clearly... but here goes...

This application will compare the following days scheduled recordings against those that you recorded last week. If you recorded a show in a timeslot last week, but have nothing scheduled for that timeslot this week, then it will display a suggestion that you may want to setup a recording for this week. There is an option to have the application automatically schedule a manual recording, and another option to notify you via "TiVo" mail of any suggestions.

So in its base form, when "CheckSchedule.tcl" is run on a Tuesday, it will display the shows that were recorded last Wednesday and if any of those are not being recorded this week, it will suggest that you schedule them.

If used as "CheckSchedule.tcl -d 3 -m" it will perform the check for the day 3 days in the future (rather than the default 1). It will also mail you if any shows are considered missing from that days scheduled recordings.

If used as "CheckSchedule.tcl -s" it will perform the check, and create a manual recording if any shows are considered to be missing from the following days recordings.

A good idea would be to run the module as "CheckSchedule.tcl -d 2 -m" which should give you a reasonable amount of warning if guide data changes for a particular show. If you find its suggestions are handy then you can add a "-s" to have it automatically create a manual recording.

MrGadget
27-07-2005, 11:46 AM
Brilliant! With your work and those like you, Tivo just gets better and better!

One question though, how does it establish if the program is missing?
In my example, the following shows for Friday:

Last Friday you recording the following shows:
07:30AM - Click Online
06:00PM - One News
07:00PM - Close Up
08:30PM - House
09:30PM - Rove
Suggesting: 07:00PM - Close Up

The first two items are set for this Friday, the last three are not, however only one of these is 'missing' - and I don't have a season pass or whislist for any of the three.

Thanks for this - I can see it becoming one of those very usefull wee apps!

Neil

thomson
27-07-2005, 06:58 PM
One question though, how does it establish if the program is missing?
In my example, the following shows for Friday:

Last Friday you recording the following shows:
07:30AM - Click Online
06:00PM - One News
07:00PM - Close Up
08:30PM - House
09:30PM - Rove
Suggesting: 07:00PM - Close Up

Let's see if I can make this understandable :)

Essentially what this means is that "Close Up" was recorded last Friday, but is not scheduled to record this Friday AND there are no other recordings that would conflict with it this coming Friday (so it can safely be recorded).

The reason why it has not suggested "House" or "Rove" would be that there are other recordings happening during those timeslots that would conflict with either of these recordings... I initially wrote the app to automatically record missing shows, so there was little point in having it suggest a show that could not be recorded due to a conflict.

thomson
10-08-2005, 04:11 PM
New version that has a duration limit setting. By default it will ignore recordings that are over 90 minutes in length - this is to avoid suggestions for recorded movies, as it is mainly the regular 30/60 minute series episodes that people wish to check. This can be overridden with the '-l' option.