PDA

View Full Version : Is Streaming Possible?

skankingaround
26-07-2005, 03:04 PM
hi is it possible to watch recorded tivo shows on your pc? to stream them to it? i read how to do it on an xbox. which seems great seeing an xbox is basically a mini computer is it possible in windows xp to download a program that will allow me to do this, without first copying the file and converting it to the appropriate format etc etc.

Thankyou

Mark

zollymonsta
27-07-2005, 06:30 AM
Yes there is!

I was playing with this about a month or so ago. I'll have a dig around tonight and post back with info.

skankingaround
27-07-2005, 08:34 AM
Cheers mate look forward to reading it!

petestrash
27-07-2005, 02:55 PM
Try,

TiVo-mplayer (http://tivo-mplayer.sourceforge.net/)

Peter.

zollymonsta
27-07-2005, 06:14 PM
Thats the one! :)

Allows you to stream over the network to your PC... plus you can also stream the live buffer (live tv).

Craig Bannister
27-07-2005, 06:34 PM
How could one have two Tivos on the same network either sync (two way) or duplicate (one way) content? That is, have the same "Now Showing" content on the slave Tivo as the master Tivo?

petestrash
27-07-2005, 06:51 PM
How could one have two Tivos on the same network either sync (two way) or duplicate (one way) content? That is, have the same "Now Showing" content on the slave Tivo as the master Tivo?

mfs-ftp can be used to stream between tivo's, either direct from the command line or via a PC using something like smart FTP.

Also check tivocommunity there's a hack called 'sync now playing' (from memory) that uses mfs-ftp in the background, but makes it a little more user friendly by listing all the shows and only starting the transfer when you select the show.

note: using either method you cannot stop a transfer (cleanly) once started.

Peter.