PDA

View Full Version : Unstable Tivoweb

Dalc
20-04-2004, 12:44 PM
How many others are having problems with the Tivoweb server crashing, often, very often?

Sometimes it stops the remote control from working, other times it leaves the tivo working fine cept no web server. The tivoweb docs mention theres a bug in the 3.0 version of the tivo software that causes it to crash, but only suggests removing the phone module. I've removed that and many others, but makes no difference, the server crashes every day or 2 at least. This makes it somewhat useless if I'm away from home for a few days.

Although I could telnet in and reboot, but for some very odd reason only my puter can telnet into the tivo box, everyone else just gets told to go away.

zollymonsta
20-04-2004, 07:00 PM
Not at all here.. But, I am having issues with certain options throwing up server errors. Mainly listing TV schedules and today I had one with the 'info' option.

Dalc
21-04-2004, 12:42 PM
My tivoweb was connected directly to the net via the nating firewall so I could use it from the net. Used its user/pass of course but suspect that wouldn't stop someone bringing it down.

So will leave it away from the net for a little while to see if that resolves the problem. If so I'll need a proxy on the firewall obviously, and will post here so others know. If it doesn't fix the problem then I've no idea whats wrong with it.