PDA

View Full Version : Two sources into one Tivo

morespam
03-07-2005, 03:32 PM
Hi,

I will be getting my Tivo soon (in transit) and I was wondering how how the Tivo handles two sources (Foxtel and Digital Receiver), I am having the 2nd audio mod done to the Tivo so I can connect both.

The main question is how the Tivo switches between the two sources, is it automatic? i.e.: I select a free to air channel and it sends ir codes to the Digital Receiver and uses the correct input and visa versa for Foxtel, or do I have to switch between the sources manually?

Is it the same with recording?

Thanks,
Morespam.

Darren King
03-07-2005, 05:11 PM
Hi and welcome.

It is automatic both with channel surfing and recording. You choose your inputs when doing Guided Setup as per the instuctions on www.oztivo.com, choosing that one of your inputs will be RCA and the other S-Video. The only other thing you will have to do in your case is enable dual audio input which can be done either preconfiguring palmod_config settings when you are imaging the hard disk or afterwards by running the palmod_config software. I suggest you do it while imaging the hard disk as this is the easier option if you are a newcomer.

Cheers

morespam
03-07-2005, 06:31 PM
Awsome, thanks.