PDA

View Full Version : Cache Card with Aus Tivo Image

Charlie Crackle
20-06-2005, 11:50 PM
I have seached to forum but forgive me if this is answered some where else.

I have a Philips V1 tivo with a Cache card (Network and 512Mb Ram)

All seems to work.

Questions
1) the email I get in the tivo with the IP address is always 0.0.0.0 if I set as DHCP or Static. Normal ????

2) Is there something special I have to do to enable the 512Mb Cache on the cache Card ?? the cache card instructions talk about loading a driver. IS this in the AUS Tivo image ?? is there some way to see that the OS sees the Cache ?? (Specs via the WEB interface show nothing.) Other websites talk about a memory test when you turn tivo on. I don't see this. The reason I ask is reorganising season passes seems to take the same amout of time with the cache fitted or removed.

Thanks in advance.

Charles

Darren King
21-06-2005, 06:37 PM
Hi Charles

1) the email I get in the tivo with the IP address is always 0.0.0.0 if I set as DHCP or Static. Normal ????

Normal, but not correct. This is a bug with the latest R1.4 in that it loads the email IP notification application too quickly on bootup. There is a workaround for this on the oztivo email list a couple of months ago. Head on over to www.oztivo.com and do a search for it as it is not that long ago.

2) Is there something special I have to do to enable the 512Mb Cache on the cache Card ?? the cache card instructions talk about loading a driver. IS this in the AUS Tivo image ?? is there some way to see that the OS sees the Cache ?? (Specs via the WEB interface show nothing.) Other websites talk about a memory test when you turn tivo on. I don't see this. The reason I ask is reorganising season passes seems to take the same amout of time with the cache fitted or removed.

No, the RAM detetcion is auto. If you have network connectivity (you must have if you have done a complete Guided Setup) then the cachecard is working. So long as you picked "cachecard" from the networking menu when you imaged the hard disk then it is working. As for the "season passes" screen taking the same amount of time this does not surprise me as the only screen it will make a difference on is the "now showing" recorded program list screen and then ONLY if you have tons of programs (50+) made. Even then there will only be a small difference of maybe a second or two. IMHO a cachecard is a waste of money for what it does but that's personal preference by me.

DavidSymons
21-06-2005, 07:25 PM
Hi Charles,

The following page discusses both of your issues (including fixes). The cachecard issue is in the "Resolved Issues" section.

http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/bin/view/Install/KnownIssuesCurrentImageRelease

The networking and the cacheing capabilities of the card work separately. The lack of a splashscreen at bootup indicates that the cacheing side isn't being started. This was an issue with the oztivo image a few weeks ago. Hopefully the fixes work for you.

Cheers, Dave.
Proud CacheCard Owner :)

petestrash
23-06-2005, 12:45 AM

The answers Darren & Dave have given are correct and should fix most of your problems.

The only thing that concerns me is that even with the delay problem, you should not be getting 0.0.0.0 in the email if you set a static IP. It should only effect DHCP setups.

If you are still getting this result, and assuming you are able to access your TiVo try entering 'ifconfig' in a telnet window and post here what is returned.

Peter.