PDA

View Full Version : Selecting correct STB in guided setup

lorant
14-06-2005, 02:36 PM
Hi
I'm in the process of setting up my newly arrived Phillips series 1. Following the guided setup after the new image installation, I'm stuck at selection of the correct box descriptor. My Zinwell ZTD 310 isn't on the list. Hoping that it's a clone of one of others, I've done some searching to see if this is the case but without luck. I've done a bit of trial and error with other boxes but also without luck.
In the end I selected the Strong STB and completed the setup. Working OK but without the IR blaster controlling the stb.
Has anyone setup with a Zinwell?
thanks
Lorant

petestrash
15-06-2005, 02:47 PM
Hi Lorant,

Good to hear your TiVo's finally arrived. How long did it take in the end?

I don't know of any compatible codes for your Zinwell, but capturing IR codes with your TiVo has become much easier recently.

Have a read of the simplified section of:
http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/bin/vi...ngCodesWithTivo

The twiki is a bit disjointed, but gives you an idea about how to do it.

Feel free to edit the twiki to make it more user friendly based on your experience.

Peter.

Ps: Try not to post the same question in multiple forums.

lorant
15-06-2005, 05:30 PM
Thanks greatly Peter,

The Tivos ended up taking about 11 weeks to arrive. Pretty much as you'd predicted.

I'll try the IR code capture as you've suggested and that should give me the real Tivo functionality that I've heard so much about.

And of course the Terbonet card works a charm. Stage 2 will be to get my mate's operational after mine.

Thanks also for the note about dual postings. I realised the first was probably in the wrong location and after I'd posted the new one in the Q&A forum I couldn't find how to delete the first. More care next time maybe by getting more familiarity with the forums!

Editing the twiki sounds interesting and I'll give it a go if I can add some improvements.

Thanks again for the advice.

Lorant