PDA

View Full Version : Finally some work for non-programmers...

DJC
12-06-2005, 12:10 PM
Finally, some work for non-programmers... show level augmentation testing.

Timmy's temporary web interface for show level augmentation is up and running and a few tests have been put through, which showed up Ok in following slices.

http://orac.caffeine.co.nz/shows

This system allows for show level ratings,stars,gene and group to be set.

There is also the ability to set the episodic nature of a show if ir eventuates that the episodic detection algorithm misses a particular show.. eg if doesn't play in regular timeslots (unlikely ... I've never come across anything interesting yet that I couldn't set a season pass for on the dev system)

[Definitions in terms of dev system: show = a show like "friends" or "lost", a programmed = an individual episode which has a time/date associated with it. Genre's and groups as far as the dev system design goes are attached to the show level]

It also allows the show description to be updated. Generally testting has used the "REPLACEIF" function, where the (null) description is replaced if it is black.

This has been used through a number of shows on the FTA channels to augment some form of description into the slice.

Pretty much where ever there is a "No information" in the description it would be nice to have a generic catch-all show description added.

Remember, this is early beta stuff, the plan is to create a much more comprehensve interface dealing with show level and programme level augmentation.

Also, all updates are live into the database, and therefore will reflect into the next days slice (available around midday each day)

There are a number of tivos on the dev slices ... so be considerate in terms of keeping changes close enough to accurate ;)

Wanted
13-06-2005, 04:44 AM
Cool. Something constructive to do at work. I'll be doing a few for sure.

edit: I just did Americas Next Top Model and can't edit the season or episode fields. Is that by design?

DJC
13-06-2005, 07:52 AM
Yes. By design at this stage, we will need the next stage of web i/f up and going down to the programme level to bring the full episode functions to a working state.

Wanted
13-06-2005, 08:31 AM
I notice there is TV2, TV2WLG, TV2CHC and updating an entry does not update the others. Which should I update? If there is a way for any other channel to get the info entered for that show on another channel it could be useful. e.g Charmed, CSI and i'm sure there are others are on Sky1 aswell as TV3.

DJC
13-06-2005, 01:39 PM
I notice there is TV2, TV2WLG, TV2CHC and updating an entry does not update the others. Which should I update? If there is a way for any other channel to get the info entered for that show on another channel it could be useful. e.g Charmed, CSI and i'm sure there are others are on Sky1 aswell as TV3.

The main slices at the moment are TVx not the regional breakouts. That wont come until we have custom headend generation capability.

Agree with your comments on matching across channels ... put it up as a suggestion for timmy's advanced web i/f (orac.caffeine.co.nz/epg).

Also note some of the details currently not selectable, wont be able to be matched across channels ... eg episodes and so on.

Wanted
14-06-2005, 06:02 AM
Tvtome.com has changed to tv.com (now with sponsorship and large ad sidebars). The episode numbers still seem to be the same thank god.

timmy
14-06-2005, 11:38 AM
> Agree with your comments on matching across channels ... put it up as a suggestion for timmy's advanced web i/f (orac.caffeine.co.nz/epg).

hmm probably better to sort it out in this one for now eh. Easy option is to hide the regional channels I guess or do multiple updates? dunno u tell me..

deanm
14-06-2005, 12:55 PM
What about the scenario where there is a listing on the same channel for a show.. with a 'variation' to the title.. and its seen as a separate show.. is there a way to rectify that via the web interface??

Wanted
15-06-2005, 05:02 AM
>Easy option is to hide the regional channels I guess or do multiple updates? dunno u tell me..

Are the different region channels actually used? If we all use the same area code I would have thought nobody would get the WGL and CHC versions displayed on their TiVo.

It doesn't solve the same show on different channels which most likely isn't all that common anyway and could be handled by multiple updates without too much effort.

DJC
15-06-2005, 09:17 AM
I reckon we should just turn a blind eye to the *WLG/*CHC channels at present.

zollymonsta
15-06-2005, 10:02 AM
TV1 and TV2 don't have regional breakouts for programming. Haven't for years. Yes, there are different feeds for North and South.. but that's only
for regionalised commercial breaks, not programmes.

DJC
15-06-2005, 05:11 PM
The FTA channel descriptions are being padded out nicely, good work to those plugging away on it.

Wanted
16-06-2005, 06:30 AM
How can I get the imdb id number? I can get the Tvtome one from the address bar but the imdb number isn't shown there.

DJC
16-06-2005, 06:43 AM
How can I get the imdb id number? I can get the Tvtome one from the address bar but the imdb number isn't shown there.

At this stage you can't unless you run a query against orac, its the id in the imdb table. (no external source) ... have a look at how timmy is going to handle it in his new interface ... orac.../EPG ... he's usinig lookups with manual selection, probably better to leave until later.

deanm
10-05-2006, 12:19 PM
Selecting Sky Movies 1 or 2 throws an "out of memory" sql error.. :eek:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 45 bytes) in /home/tivo/www/shows/libs/orac_ez_sql.php on line 341

DJC
12-05-2006, 05:10 PM
Hmmm, the web interface project is between developers at this stage.

See here. Until someone takes on the project we are in limbo on fixes.

EDIT: Although we should still be updating the shows data to keep the community guide as clean and complete as possible... In the meantime limit your search results by using wildcard in the programme title section. A description of how to do this has been added to the shows webpage.

NoSignal
25-09-2007, 10:49 PM
I was keen to add some info, but I am unsure how to handle firstrun data. For Desperate Housewives, I have set the season pass to "First Run Only". However, the repeat episodes are still being recorded. So I figure, I would go to the EPGx and mark the episodes as repeats. However, now that I am there, I can't figure out if I am allowed to edit that data (an if so, how).