PDA

View Full Version : Help with rtimetz!!!

17-04-2004, 01:34 PM
Okay I followed the directions, installed rtimetz, configured the TIVO to postalcode 02000 (Sydney)

Now when I issue the command, the stupid thing is using a 0 hr daylight and non daylight savings ofset to GMT

[TiVo [p0] /hack/bin]# rtimetz -v 192.5.41.40
Our postcode is 02000. Found matching timezone Australia/Sydney
Offset 0 for timezone GMT, daylight saving is 0
Connecting to time server 192.5.41.40
t was 3291165058 from server
t is now 1082176258
Time is 2004-04-17 04:30:58

Okay how the hell do I tell it is is +10 for non daylight and +11 for daylight time offset? I cant find a timezone file or anything.

Can someone help please?

Thanks!

17-04-2004, 01:54 PM
Okay where can I get these files :( ....

From the guide:

timezone files that you require, e.g:

var/hack/zoneinfo/GMT
var/hack/zoneinfo/Australia/
var/hack/zoneinfo/Australia/ACT
var/hack/zoneinfo/Australia/Adelaide
var/hack/zoneinfo/Australia/Brisbane
var/hack/zoneinfo/Australia/Broken_Hill
var/hack/zoneinfo/Australia/Canberra
var/hack/zoneinfo/Australia/Darwin
var/hack/zoneinfo/Australia/Hobart
var/hack/zoneinfo/Australia/LHI
var/hack/zoneinfo/Australia/Lindeman
var/hack/zoneinfo/Australia/Lord_Howe
var/hack/zoneinfo/Australia/Melbourne
var/hack/zoneinfo/Australia/NSW
var/hack/zoneinfo/Australia/North
var/hack/zoneinfo/Australia/Perth
var/hack/zoneinfo/Australia/Queensland
var/hack/zoneinfo/Australia/South
var/hack/zoneinfo/Australia/Sydney
var/hack/zoneinfo/Australia/Tasmania
var/hack/zoneinfo/Australia/Victoria
var/hack/zoneinfo/Australia/West
var/hack/zoneinfo/Australia/Yancowinna

Vertron
17-04-2004, 11:52 PM
Okay where can I get these files :( ....
<snip>

From a Linux machine. As posted in another post, they are located under a Debian distro under /usr/share/zoneinfo/ and you can pull the files right out and put them onto your tivo.

If you require, I might be able to zip them up and email them to you.

18-04-2004, 09:36 AM
I managed after about 5 hours of searching to find the files! It was a extra pack and got them onto TIVO.

The only problem I now have, is I need a daylight savings version of Sydney, I am not sure if this file is DST or not. Is there a way of dumping the file showing the dates, etc? The file is 785 bytes in size.

From reading I found the latest australiasia file, which you then using ZIC, make your own zoneinfo city codes.

Can you help me with the following?

1 - Problem is now I need ZIC. I found a zic.c, but its C code, now the hell do I compile it on a TIVO, I have a feeling I need a compiler, I feel a zic executable is far easier. Would you have a complied copy of ZIC I could ftp onto tivo? Or can I send you the c code to compile?

2 - When I enquire on TIVO web, in msf/State/LocationConfig it shows 02000 postcode, but DST is set to 0. Does this mean that it is not DST now, or does this mean DST is set to off, if so how do you change it to on?

3 - I have a samsung tuner in my TIVO, and it all works perfectly (new palmod.o file in /lib/modules). But when I FTP into /lib/modules, it shows the symlink to palmod.o~ (the origional one I kept), how can I change the symlink to palmod.o? and also does it matter?

Thanks so much!

Vertron
20-04-2004, 05:24 PM
Can you help me with the following?

1 - Problem is now I need ZIC. I found a zic.c, but its C code, now the hell do I compile it on a TIVO, I have a feeling I need a compiler, I feel a zic executable is far easier. Would you have a complied copy of ZIC I could ftp onto tivo? Or can I send you the c code to compile?

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?s=&forumid=2&threadid=168151

2 - When I enquire on TIVO web, in msf/State/LocationConfig it shows 02000 postcode, but DST is set to 0. Does this mean that it is not DST now, or does this mean DST is set to off, if so how do you change it to on?

Don't know, I'll check it out if I get time.

3 - I have a samsung tuner in my TIVO, and it all works perfectly (new palmod.o file in /lib/modules). But when I FTP into /lib/modules, it shows the symlink to palmod.o~ (the origional one I kept), how can I change the symlink to palmod.o? and also does it matter?

You can delete the symlink, but it's probably better to find out where it's stored and update the actual palmod.o