PDA

View Full Version : help hacking tivo in sydney

moman_matt
28-02-2005, 07:37 AM
hiya.

anyone in sydney willing to help me hack my tivo. i'm computer literate but am on a mac ;). i can pay some money for your time. thanks. you can call me on 0403042457 or email.

thanks.

mattsaggs
02-03-2005, 09:54 PM
hi matt,
im in the same predicament, i use only macs, except i live in adelaide, so i cant help you (not that i could anyway cause we both have macs):D, but i thought i might reply to your post because we both are the same. Maybe since there would be quite a few devoted mac users out there, someone should develop more software to easily hack a TiVo on a mac.

thanks from
matt

Darren King
15-03-2005, 11:07 AM
Can't help you with the mac booting linux CD but I have offered to help image hard disks with the OzTiVo image in the past and happy to do it again. Once the image is on then the rest can be done easily from the TiVo and telnet (I'm sure mac has a telnet client????)

Usual procedure is you send me the hard drive and cover return postage and let me know what network card you have installed and whether you want DHCP assigned IP address or a static one. I'll image the drive on the evening I get the drive and send it back the next day.

If you are interested and nobody closer volunteers then feel free to contact me.