PDA

View Full Version : Latest OzTiVo ISO

zollymonsta
15-02-2005, 09:05 PM
Hi All

I've just installed the latest ISO (Dated Feb 2005) off the oztivo website.
Very nice gui to set it up now (including setting up it's IP address during the install process, after restoring the image to the hard disk).

The time issue seems to have gone away too (not sure how) and time was correct first pop (fluke, or a new enhancement, I'm not sure).

I recommend downloading it if you need to re-image your TiVo at some stage soon.

I wonder how we could customize one for over here (including having in the gui being able to select modem or network daily call and choose from an ISP plus enter your login and password).

Cheers,
ZollyMonsta

Shane
07-03-2005, 04:52 PM
Hi All,

I put the new image on my Tivo last night to try and get over the web guide issues i had and it did fix them but now the zenithSky.tcl patch does not work so it wont change channels on the sky decoder any more.
I have checked the IR Blasters with my digital camera and they are sending IR signals so its not a hardware issue.

Any ideas on where to next ?

Shane

Shane
07-03-2005, 06:10 PM
All Sorted now, I did the following if this helps anyone with similar probs in the future.

in tivoweb i went to MFS / Setup /selected Source 2272/12
got the CableBoxCodeNum = 10013 entry (yours maybe different)

edited the zenithSky.tcl file and changed the IR entry to 10013 then run
tivosh
source zenithSky.tcl
zenithSky
reboot

When it came backup it all worked i assume i have just put the zenith IR codes over whatever it was using in the past.

hope this helps anyone with similar problems.

DJC
27-04-2005, 12:01 PM
Impressive stuff alright ... they have done some good work here.

Like the menu system, reminds me of slackware linux.

Really easy to install. Setting ip means no serial to get up and going.

Only change really was point the new http proxy at the nz emulator.

All that would be needed would be something like ... in rc.sysinit.author

postcode=`/hack/bin/get_postalcode`
if [ "$postcode" = "02113" ]; then
emuProxy2 -s 64.151.65.200 &
else
emuProxy2 -s 131.244.9.101 &
fi

Darren King
27-04-2005, 05:21 PM
All that would be needed would be something like ... in rc.sysinit.author

postcode=`/hack/bin/get_postalcode`
if [ "$postcode" = "02113" ]; then
emuProxy2 -s 64.151.65.200 &
else
emuProxy2 -s 131.244.9.101 &
fi

Hi :)

Why not pop over to www.oztivo.com and suggest it, or submit it? Contributions are greatfully accepted if presented through the correct channels and r1.4 final is not released yet ;)

zollymonsta
30-04-2005, 09:17 AM
Sounds like a good idea. I'm sure the OzTivo'ers wouldnt mind having an option for this in the Gui (select NZ or OZ emulator).

I've also just entered under 'wishlist' (not sure if it's the right place or not) for the final iso to have a script Thomson mentions to have a screensaver, which blanks the screen after 30 seconds on pause. Just what I've been looking for ;)

DJC
30-04-2005, 10:01 AM
The best answer is in the GUI, that way it is handled at imaging. Otherwise with the script suggestion above a reboot would be necessary after setting postcode and before connecting to download headends.

Are you going to suggest it? The addition gui option ...

zollymonsta
30-04-2005, 11:48 AM
The best answer is in the GUI, that way it is handled at imaging. Otherwise with the script suggestion above a reboot would be necessary after setting postcode and before connecting to download headends.

Are you going to suggest it? The addition gui option ...

Yep.. all done..

http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/bin/view/Developers/WishList

Cross our fingers eh!! :) Will make life so much easier.

ZollyMonsta

Darren King
30-04-2005, 09:51 PM
Yep, wishlist is the place on the wiki to put it :)

Oh, while I think of it, when you make an entry if there are any words that hyprlink with a question mark after them or don't look right, simply place a <nop> before the word and this won't happen. You'll see what I mean if you go back into edit mode and see the raw source text.

Glad I did check the "wishlist" page. No idea where this Phil guy got the idea the ALPS tuners are getting "hard to get" :confused:

zollymonsta
01-05-2005, 07:15 AM
No idea where this Phil guy got the idea the ALPS tuners are getting "hard to get" :confused:

It must be something in the water. ;)

thomson
01-05-2005, 03:02 PM
I think the OzTivo Wishlist (http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/bin/view/Developers/WishList) wiki may be the wrong one?. There also seems to be a
Requests For Next Image (http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/bin/view/Install/RequestsForNextImage) wiki page which seems to have requests/feedback from the people that maintain the image.

Might need to place requests in the Requests For Next Image (http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/bin/view/Install/RequestsForNextImage) wiki for them to be noticed?

fixxer37
02-05-2005, 06:08 AM
Slightly off the recent topic in this thread, but did any else notice Season Passes not recording due to the Clock Warped error - fixed by "touch timestamp"? I noticed that the fixtivotime script was missing and commented out in the crontab. So I added both in and it worked fine...

Anyone see the "Tech Guy" on Breakfast this morning with a TiVo? He reckoned there were buttons on the front! haha
He said that the TV companys "were'nt keen on them" and no-one was importing them (but that a few had "slipped into the country" - thankfully no mention of any URLs etc...

zollymonsta
02-05-2005, 02:54 PM
Slightly off the recent topic in this thread, but did any else notice Season Passes not recording due to the Clock Warped error - fixed by "touch timestamp"? I noticed that the fixtivotime script was missing and commented out in the crontab. So I added both in and it worked fine...

Anyone see the "Tech Guy" on Breakfast this morning with a TiVo? He reckoned there were buttons on the front! haha
He said that the TV companys "were'nt keen on them" and no-one was importing them (but that a few had "slipped into the country" - thankfully no mention of any URLs etc...

Yep I had the warped thing too and had to send the files over.. fixed it up.

And yes to the news story on Breakfast. Just goes to highlight yet another journalist not doing their homework. He also didn't mention that it's not the sort of thing you can just plug in and it works. Heh.

petestrash
03-05-2005, 03:17 AM

This is a known issue with all r1.4 beta images released before the April 1st version. The wrong ntpdate file was included the correct replacement is avalible at http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/pub/Uploads/WebHome/ntpdate, just replace the file in /bin with the new one. Fixtivotime was removed on purpose and is not needed once the correct ntpdate file is used.

In case you are interested the other issues with the recent images are logged at http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/bin/view/Install/KnownIssuesCurrentImageRelease

There are actually quite a few models with front panel buttons. 2 models of AT&T Tivo's (130040/130060), the Sony SVR3000 and all of the DVD models. But none of the series one units ;)

Peter.

fixxer37
03-05-2005, 06:21 AM
Thanks for the ntpdate info, I had to image in a real rush because of glitchy HDD and didn't read any release info...

Does anyone know if the DNS package will work well with this image? I couldn't get it to play nice with my original image.

re: Tech Guy on Breakfast - yeah, it was a series one Phillips (ixnay on the uttons-bay)
I wonder if he's actually got it going (and would be aware of the community) or if it's a mates or something.... still, the article was:
PVRs will revolutionise TV watching, here's a mac-mini, here's a Tivo, there's no guide data to make it worth it yet - and you can't get PVRs, TV stations hate the ability to skip over ads ... so yeah... tough luck.
No mention of Sky's PVR. No mention that advertising is more than just the TV medium... rah rah rah

petestrash
03-05-2005, 12:33 PM
Does anyone know if the DNS package will work well with this image? I couldn't get it to play nice with my original image.

Warrens new binaries are supposed to be included with the April releases.

But I just tried ping www.yahoo.com and it won't resolve

Wget minnie.tuhs.org/index.html worked ok though, which would not have without the new binaries.

The old methods should still work though...
http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/bin/view/Network/BrokenDNSWorkAround

Peter.

Lurker
29-08-2005, 08:46 PM
Ahh Bum, Spent ages fumbling around looking for fixtivotime :)

My Tivo is currently chewing through data. Although I was sure I did get the hashes in tclient.conf in the right place it did got through the "push off there aint no dial up numbers here" routine endlessly.

I belive it might be because I selected Cable + Satellite without having a Sat box (figured would get Sky sometime) and going back and just slecting cable seemed to let me through - I am sure it will all turn to custard though as I now have an aerial only setup with all the Sky channels and had to reboot after freeze so not sure if data still doing its 4 hour crunch or not :confused: .

Last call is showing as May 3 2006 9.30 am - about 12 hours and a few months out. If fixtivotime does not exist how do you correct the time without using settime?

The new image is a dream to install up to that point - gosh menus (thanks for the pointer Petes Trash) lots easier than using the old tivo boot disk to upgrade the HD like I did a few years ago in the UK.

UK Tivo really good for network cable though - there is a tab at the back of the Units cover, ben that and there is a square hole just big enough to feed a pre made cable through.

Chris

petestrash
29-08-2005, 09:38 PM
Last call is showing as May 3 2006 9.30 am - about 12 hours and a few months out. If fixtivotime does not exist how do you correct the time without using settime?

Settime still works fine:
settime YYYYMMDDhhmmss
settime -rtc

But really it should be setting the correct date/time when it calls the emulator for it's daily call. This assumes you have installed the correct ntpdate file as discused higher up this thread if you are using an early version of r1.4.

Since I'm not in NZ I don't know for sure, but you may still need to load the postcode info from Post_Setup (http://www.nztivo.net/index.php/Post_Setup)

UK Tivo really good for network cable though - there is a tab at the back of the Units cover, ben that and there is a square hole just big enough to feed a pre made cable through.

This is exactly the same on US TiVo's :)

Peter

Darren King
29-08-2005, 10:04 PM

Not just the UK TiVo. Both USA Philips and Sony models have the same hole, which is actually a punch-out for the tab that holds the fan in place.