PDA

View Full Version : Can I get a little help?

Wanted
14-02-2005, 02:42 PM
Hi,

I just got my Tivo in the mail and am trying to get the Cachecard installed. I have no extra memory at the moment so its just the card. I loaded the silicondust cd and ran the commands etc. The IP I gave works etc but the boot screen says driver xxxxxxxxx:20041201 or something and a driver error. Any idea why? I don't know if it matters or not or if it's because there is no ram in there.

Also while i'm setting it up how do I power off? Do I just yank the power cord?

tenty
14-02-2005, 03:21 PM
Also while i'm setting it up how do I power off? Do I just yank the power cord?

Yank the power cord or turn it off at the power point. There really isn't any "subtle" way of turning it off :)

Darren King
23-02-2005, 09:56 AM
Bit of a late reply here...... but the error on bootup with no RAM is perfectly normal. Your ethernet connection will still work fine. When it comes time you want to add RAM just pop it in (after turning off TiVo first of course!) and the error will go away.

Also the graceful way of turning off a TiVo is either issue a REBOOT command from a telnet session and pull the plug when you see the TiVo go into a reboot (be quick it happens almost instantly). You can also use the remote by going into the setup area and telling the TiVo to restart. This is just a fancy GUI of a REBOOT command anyway.

Cheers