PDA

View Full Version : 2nd audio input & palmod

sparky26
11-12-2004, 01:50 PM
I set up my tivo last weekend with two video inputs, Fox on composite and digital TV via the S video input. Works great, audio & pictures with Fox and pictures plus last audio channel that Fox was tuned to for digital TV.
I am having a second set of A.V inputs installed (thanks Darren) and now have to enable these audio inputs.
Is the palmod module on the latest image capable of turning on the second set of audio inputs or do I need to replace this palmod module with a modified version.
Also is the utility palmod config on the latest image or do I need to upload this to the Tivo disk.

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP
:)

DavidSymons
13-12-2004, 06:42 AM
Hi Sparky,

I think the latest image has a palmod module that can handle the second input. I've still got that version and it has the palmod_config program also. When I run it it has the ability to turn on the second audio input in the menu.

The HowTo on the Twiki does imply that you must install a new one which was the situation when it was written (Oct 2003). Looks like you don't need to with the later images so I've modified it.

Cheers, Dave.

sparky26
15-12-2004, 04:30 PM
Dave
Thanks for the info, got my Tivo back from Darren and have configured it without changing the palmod which is on the latest image at Oztivo.
I can tend to overly complicate simple issuses.
Sparky ;)