PDA

View Full Version : RF output to TiVo input ?

RjT
02-12-2004, 10:23 PM
Hey guys ,

Can i pass my FTA cable from my vcr RF output to the RF input on the tivo or will i have to use the RCA inputs ? if its the later im guessing ill have to do the 2nd audio mod :) or Darren lol .

RjT

thomson
03-12-2004, 11:27 AM
Can i pass my FTA cable from my vcr RF output to the RF input on the tivo or will i have to use the RCA inputs ?

This should not be a problem... but I am assuming that you have had the tuner mode done... otherwise your TiVo will have trouble receiving the PAL signal. I have an RF feed from an antenna run into a UK TiVo, whose RF output runs into the RF input of a US TiVo (whose tuner has been replaced), whose RF output runs into the TV. Of course there is also a splitter at the beginning of the chain that splits the RF cable so that it can also run to a ITX system to do "other stuff" ;)

RjT
03-12-2004, 02:14 PM
Yeah no i was hoping that the vcr tuner would do the work and pass it through to the TiVo ! BUMMER lol

RjT

Darren King
14-12-2004, 09:41 AM
Unfortunately not.

Wrong carrier signals in PAL RF to work with a USA TiVo tuner. You can do it but as mentioned you need the NTSC tuner in the USA TiVo replaced.