PDA

View Full Version : Can't Connect

gabiwabi
23-11-2004, 07:37 AM
Was there a problem with the emulator this morning?

I have just returned from OS, and found the emulator IP adress had changed.
I modified the nesesarry , and proceded to go through the guide setup.
When my TIVO tries to connect (via Broadband) I receive a message "service not available".
Just wondering is it my config, or the server?

Many thanks,

Eli

Benji
23-11-2004, 09:19 AM
between 2:30pm and 7pm yesterday, but it was fixed by that evening. I could not ping the emulators IP nor connect to the web server it was hosted on.

I assumed that the hosting company of the emulator was having an outage.

Additionally I had completely run out of guide data, even though the tivo said it had data through to the 1st of december. Am I being thick.... and the tivo is reporting the no nag data? or did everyone have this problem?

Cheers

B

jaidev
23-11-2004, 09:30 AM
and the tivo is reporting the no nag data?

Cheers

B

Correct..
Not sure what happend, as I run my own emulator, but I guess just an outage from the hosting co..

ehintz
23-11-2004, 05:27 PM
Correct..
Not sure what happend, as I run my own emulator, but I guess just an outage from the hosting co..

Yep. They had an outage for a while there.

wbeasley
27-11-2004, 10:40 AM
I'm having trouble connecting to the emulator today, is anyone else having problems?

Cheers

Wayne

ehintz
27-11-2004, 11:18 AM
Should be back... the upstream providor lost an OC3, which took out the hosting co's T1.

wbeasley
27-11-2004, 01:40 PM
Have just tried to connect again and no joy

wbeasley
27-11-2004, 01:52 PM
Just a note to say my post time was wrong (setting up parents new laptop) posted message 5 min ago

now getting a succeeded message after a very quick download and no data

wbeasley
27-11-2004, 02:00 PM
Wow, Ok, I actually do have guide data, the download must have been rapid, Guess i'm not used to a fast laptop

I do seem to have lost the nonag setting but otherwise all
s good

Thanks