PDA

View Full Version : help request from Italy

davide.disumma
15-11-2004, 06:21 PM
hello,
I'm an italian TIVO user with PAL philips tuner (from a PCI tv card).
first sorry for my terrible english!
It works very well with palmod_config set to "europe ccir TV channels".
Recently I have bought another TIVO for backup and I have modified it with an ALPS UK tivo tuner.
All hardware steps verified and OK.
I have upragraded palmod.o file but I can't see channels
I think that probably I need a new palmod_config tuner voice: "Europe Samsung ccir TV"
A curiosity: without palmod.o file I can see all channels but without audio.

Can someone add this voice to palmod_config? I don't know linux...
thanks a lot.

Davide di Summa

thomson
16-11-2004, 04:47 AM
I think that probably I need a new palmod_config tuner voice: "Europe Samsung ccir TV"

This is just a quick hack to get you going until I can update the code properly. The attached palmod.o file should be using the Samsung/ALPS tuner for both of the CCIR modes.

thomson
16-11-2004, 06:26 AM
I have a new version which separates the old tunertype parameter into both a tunertype and freqtable to allow any frequency table to be used with any tuner. [In your case you will see "tunertype=1" and "freqtable=2" in your palmod.conf file]

Both the palmod.o and palmod_config binaries are backwards compatible with the single tunertype value. Binaries and sources to this new version (3.0.2) can be found here (http://www.forums.oztivo.net/showpost.php?p=2164&postcount=45).

davide.disumma
19-11-2004, 09:04 PM
This is just a quick hack to get you going until I can update the code properly. The attached palmod.o file should be using the Samsung/ALPS tuner for both of the CCIR modes.

thank you very much for your courtesy!