View Full Version : Yet another daylight savings post

31-10-2004, 12:23 PM
OK, I know this seems to have been answered, but I can't sort it out.

I'm in Brisbane and watching via Foxtel Digital Cable. As of this morning everything on the guide is out by an hour (I assume because the rest of the country has gone to Daylight Savings Time). I can't work out how to solve this problem even though I've tried to search through the archives. For some reason timezoneadjust.tcl wont run as it says "permission denied", and timezoneadj30.tcl doesn't seem to do anything (yes I did restart after running it). I can manually change the time using "settime" but that only lasts until a daily call is made. I can't be the only one with this problem. Any help would be great, and I'll even add to Twiki after this is sorted so hopefully this will be the last thread on the topic.


MossNd :D

01-11-2004, 06:42 AM
To my knowledge, and what actually happened, if you run a daily call, and you are using the emulator, the clock should roll over automatically. If not, try another daily call. (I had to make 2 daily calls before the clock changed). The Brisbane timezone files should pick up the fact that there is no daylight savings in Queensland.

01-11-2004, 11:01 AM
Help - I’m in the same boat – with Foxtel cable digital and daylight savings.

The Tivo has the correct local time but its EPG is out of sync by +1 hour for pay channels; the retransmitted FTA channels are fine.


At 9:41 am Tivo EPG – shows 9:30 Casualty (shows Mersey Beat starting at 10:30am)
At 9:41 am Foxtel EPG – shows 9:30 Mersey Beat (this is correct – ie actually playing)

Cable channels listed in the Tivo EPG need 1 hour subtracted.

Retransmitted FTA channels are correct.

01-11-2004, 11:04 AM
Thanks Tenty,

I believe I am running the emulator (as the disk was prepared from the iso image), unless I've missed a step somewhere to activate it. I am only a couple of weeks into my TiVo so I could have done something wrong.

I have phoned home for data now about 6 times, and restarted the machine each time afterwards, yet still the problem comtinues.