PDA

View Full Version : The community is growing nicely-64 Tivos on the emulator

ehintz
30-09-2004, 09:26 AM
We're up to 64 unique tivos on the emulator at the moment... Quite a jump from all of 5-10 less than a year ago...

As I believe y'all would say: sweet as... :D

zollymonsta
30-09-2004, 02:10 PM
Add another two, all going well from this evening :)

brian
30-09-2004, 08:19 PM
Set up a "George" Tivo for a friend today. I'm running LOADGUIDE (aint broke not fixing it), but did the new one via the GS - very nice!

Do we have any idea how many LOADGUIDERS there are out here?

Brian

zollymonsta
30-09-2004, 08:36 PM
Well at the moment, I have one loadguide and one emulator. All going well I'll have both TiVos on the emulator by the weekend. :D

ehintz
01-10-2004, 05:41 AM
No hard numbers on loadguiders, but my guess is around 5-10, mostly legacy types...

thomson
01-10-2004, 06:19 AM
No hard numbers on loadguiders, but my guess is around 5-10, mostly legacy types...

Grrrrr... I prefer the term "emulator challenged" or "broadbandless" :)

ehintz
01-10-2004, 06:27 AM
Grrrrr... I prefer the term "emulator challenged" or "broadbandless" :)Actually, the whole reason I set the emulator up in the first place was for Tony, who was broadband challenged. Rather than figuring out how to hack the tivo dialup stuff to work with loadguide, I figured I would instead figure out the emulator and let the tivo use the modem for guide data. It's been working quite well for Tony on a Paradise dialup since April or so... Instructions are in entry #4 in the original emulator thread.

thomson
01-10-2004, 06:33 AM
Actually, the whole reason I set the emulator up in the first place was for Tony, who was broadband challenged

Haha... I should have also mentioned "dialup-less" and "STB-less"... maybe I am just sadistic :)

PS: If Timmy has logs on his site, he may be able to get a figure for how many people are downloading the nztivo.slice file.

ehintz
01-10-2004, 06:34 AM
Haha... I should have also mentioned "dialup-less" and "STB-less"... maybe I am just sadistic :)Geez... You do have it tough... :D