PDA

View Full Version : What is it with NCIS ?

MrGadget
14-09-2004, 08:23 AM
This is an odd one - I assume has something to do with the guide data.
Just try (for a Kiwi) to set up a season pass for NCIS on Sunday night... Neither myself or a colleague at my work get the option for a Season Pass for this show...
Can anyone else do this, or know why we can't ?
I get around this by adding the program as a Wishlist...
I assume the issue will crop up with other shows from time to time.
Any idea's ?

zollymonsta
14-09-2004, 10:07 AM
Possibly there was only the one show in the guide data (no upcoming shows). I've had the same issue quite a lot recently and have pinned it down to being no further upcoming episodes.

You could always set up a manual record for it, or possibly set it up in wishlists and 'automatically record' to overcome this.

(I have the shows I just _have_ to have set up as manual record season passes).

MrGadget
14-09-2004, 04:37 PM
Don't think that's it... this would apply to many weekly shows where data only reflects one upcoming show, yet the issue seems rather rare... at least for me.
I have used the wishlist - but not sure what you mean by 'Manual Season Pass'....

thomson
15-09-2004, 10:32 AM
but not sure what you mean by 'Manual Season Pass'....

This is most likely to be a reference to setting up a "repeat" manual recording via the Manual Recording (manrec.itcl) TiVoWeb module. Using this module you can say record channel 3 at 9:30pm every Sunday for the next four months and label it 'NCIS'. This way even if you have no guide data, your TiVo will still record that timeslot and label it appropriately.

The latest manrec.itcl module can be found on Minnie's Uploads (http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/pub/Uploads/WebHome/ManRec_0.1.0.zip) or on the modules DealDatabase development site (http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=117985)

zollymonsta
15-09-2004, 10:36 AM
This is most likely to be a reference to setting up a "repeat" manual recording via the Manual Recording (manrec.itcl) TiVoWeb module. [/url])

Ah yes, that's what I meant. Or a repeating manual recording via the TiVo menu.

jaidev
15-09-2004, 05:59 PM
NCIS should now be flagged as episodic, this is currently a manual process (merging oztivo's programs file), most shows are there, but not all (mostly locals ones.)

Thread moved to guide issues area..

MrGadget
01-10-2004, 03:53 PM
And so it works :-)
Question... not knowing the process for making shows episodic, but why would all shows not be made episodic (ie the default) - would this cause any issues with one off programs ? Or is this set at a program title level ?
Reason I ask, I see the same problem with What Now on Sunday 8am TV2 (guess that's the 'local' issue).
Thanks
Neil

jaidev
02-10-2004, 10:20 PM
And so it works :-)
Question... not knowing the process for making shows episodic, but why would all shows not be made episodic (ie the default) - would this cause any issues with one off programs ? Or is this set at a program title level ?
Reason I ask, I see the same problem with What Now on Sunday 8am TV2 (guess that's the 'local' issue).
Thanks
Neil

Yes local show, now added.
Process isn't hard, adding the show and genre to a 'programs' file. Yes program title level.
Rather not have all programs added by default, issues with i.e. movies, documentaries, one off's etc..

What I do need is HELP! Like you have been reporting, obviously I cannot find all shows which are not marked episodic, I need people to post what shows they are not able to set as a season pass. 64 emulator and a few more using loadguide, I'm sure can help.

It's pretty painless for me to add these shows, mainly local ones.

Please post show names and a genre.

Wibble
04-10-2004, 06:58 AM
Another couple of new series not showing up as as seasons:

"Later With Jools Holland " on rialto it's an Art/Music

"Solstrom" on rialto it's an Art/Music

Thanks.

STu
04-10-2004, 07:11 PM
Also:
Street Legal on Mondays, TV3
Qu33r Eye on Tuesdays, TV2