PDA

View Full Version : Why are my Tivo suggestions not suggesting?

spook8000
08-09-2004, 11:27 PM
Just recently.. 3 weeks now, I have been monitoring my Tivo suggestions list, and it just says,
Your Tivo recorder is new, rate programs by pressing Thumbs buttons...etc etc"
And I have checked that Tivo suggestions are on, and I have about 10hours recording time left, my standard season passes work fine, I have gone through and "Thumbed" the shows I like and the shows I dont, and the Tivo seems to be working fine other than this one problem.
Can someone tell me if there is a cron job or some other mechanism I can check to see if the suggestions are actually being picked?.. I believe they are done after the guide data is loaded????
Or IS there some other thing that I can check?

Anyway, help!

Cheers, Spook8000

tenty
09-09-2004, 10:50 PM
There is an option in TiVoweb, but I don't know what it is to see what suggested categories you have chosen. Maybe someone can help me out here as I don't have a network card in my TiVo and will not be able to do a daily call without moving my PC, which I did yesterday and before seeing this post :P

elarbee
10-09-2004, 01:00 PM
i don't know if this helps, but after voting on a few shows i noticed tivo was only recording simpsons even though i thumb up'd a few other shows. i noticed that i had three thumbs on simpsons so i reduced it to two thumbs and now my tivo is recording suggestions from other catagories :confused: so my solution is to not give any shows three thumbs.

you could also check what tivo has planned to record in the normal tivo menu.. pick programs to record > tivo suggestions or to do list ( can't remember which )

HTH

Wanted
23-02-2005, 10:04 AM
I don't know for sure how it works but it seems like after a reboot it takes a while for the suggestions to be there. Sometimes with only 3 or 4 days of data I get a list of 4 or 5 and others 20 or 30 suggestions. I was going to try a "force_index30.tcl" next time to see if it makes the list after an index.