PDA

View Full Version : Need Tivo Installer Witout Prom update

shaz
06-09-2021, 02:50 PM
Hi guys,

Can someone help out to setup Tivo S3 Without Prom Hack or maybe Older Tivo Installer.

Darren King
07-09-2021, 01:59 PM
I’m a little unclear about what you’re asking for. Are you wanting:

1. Some way to use an unmoderated TiVo in Australia or New Zealand?

2. Help with a TiVo outside of Australia or New Zealand?

3. Help to get a TiVo running for use in Australia or New Zealand that’s stuck in Guided Setup?

4. Something else?

shaz
09-09-2021, 03:16 AM
I?m a little unclear about what you?re asking for. Are you wanting:

1. Some way to use an unmoderated TiVo in Australia or New Zealand?

2. Help with a TiVo outside of Australia or New Zealand?

3. Help to get a TiVo running for use in Australia or New Zealand that?s stuck in Guided Setup?

4. Something else?

Yes to #2

I do not live in Australia or New Zealand, we don't have TiVo service here.
I got 2 S3 that i brought from USA with me.

help I seek about:

A way to modify only software on HD
Load guide data via FTP or any other way with remote networking.
Finally use the TiVo

Darren King
09-09-2021, 07:04 PM
I found your old original post from last year. Assuming you’re still in Saudi Arabia I fear you’re out of luck even right from the start. USA uses a different broadcast standard (ATSC) while Saudi Arabia uses DVB-T. Totally different and the tuner incompatible.

shaz
10-09-2021, 01:45 AM
I found your old original post from last year. Assuming you?re still in Saudi Arabia I fear you?re out of luck even right from the start. USA uses a different broadcast standard (ATSC) while Saudi Arabia uses DVB-T. Totally different and the tuner incompatible.

yes that was my post but now I am in Pakistan, it uses the DVB-C also few Channel uses ATSC. Still it will be useful because DVB-C uses STB box and as I know and seen in USA working with DISHTV Network it works.

So my question remain, can you Help?

Darren King
11-09-2021, 11:58 AM
So my question remain, can you Help?

I can’t, as I’m not a software programmer. But from what I understand from those that can what you are wanting to do is a major rework of the TiVo software for which we don’t have the proprietary development tools, and then needing to create your own TV guide emulator.

MattCallow
21-09-2021, 11:09 PM
No software changes are possible without a PROM mod. The whole boot process is protected using keys which are not publically available.
Even with the PROM mod, as Darren has pointed out, it would be a major piece of work.

Matt

shaz
22-09-2021, 08:55 PM
No software changes are possible without a PROM mod. The whole boot process is protected using keys which are not publically available.
Even with the PROM mod, as Darren has pointed out, it would be a major piece of work.

Matt

Thanks for reply.

Than I will try with the PROM mod.

Thank you Matt

shaz
22-09-2021, 09:39 PM
I can?t, as I?m not a software programmer. But from what I understand from those that can what you are wanting to do is a major rework of the TiVo software for which we don?t have the proprietary development tools, and then needing to create your own TV guide emulator.

Thanks
For your quick reply.

shaz
22-09-2021, 10:00 PM
Darren
this link is not working.

The modified binary file ready to be programmed into the PROM is available
at: https://goo.gl/q7Wid8

shaz
23-09-2021, 04:02 PM
I read the whole instruction and this link is dead.here is screen shot attached.

shaz
23-09-2021, 05:59 PM
these are the value need to change.
and second part I have no idea how to do it!!!!

1ST
First edit (hex):
Address Orig_Value Change_Value
0x6D4C 04 40 00 12 00 00 00 00

2ND
Code:

Edit within gzip compressed portion:
Addr Orig_Value Change_Value
0x31B8 10 43 00 0A 10 00 00 0A

shaz
23-09-2021, 09:14 PM
I have found someone localy who can make these changes.
just need to confirm these are the changes we have to make.
Thanks

shaz
25-09-2021, 09:25 PM
Hi David & MattCallow,

I have made the changes and it boots fine but when i do the guided setup it just (FAILED WHILE NEOGOIATING).
I ping to oztivo.net it is not blocked.
I am new this forums thing. if you want me to start new thread please let me know.
My ip is 202.47.32.47
I attach the log file screen shot.

specially to you David i appreciate your help Thanks

MattCallow
25-09-2021, 10:51 PM
The emulator is only available from AU or NZ