PDA

View Full Version : Missing guide data for new channels

nedsnow
12-03-2021, 04:07 PM
Hi,

I have two Tivos that I wanted to update with the latest channel configurations and descriptions, so I did a channel scan. It picked up all the channels (though 11 Peach was still called ELEVEN), and I made sure that all the channels I was interested in were ticked in the channel list, but when I did a Network Connection, there was no quide data for channels (Sydney) 12, 13, 74, 93, and 95. Since then, I have done everything I could think of to try to get the data: done multiple Network Connections, multiple reboots, and even did a C&DE and went through guided setup again. Nothing has helped.

Can anyone suggest anything else I can try?

Regards,
Ned

DavidKeegel
14-03-2021, 04:33 PM
Hi,

I have two Tivos that I wanted to update with the latest channel configurations and descriptions, so I did a channel scan. It picked up all the channels (though 11 Peach was still called ELEVEN), and I made sure that all the channels I was interested in were ticked in the channel list, but when I did a Network Connection, there was no quide data for channels (Sydney) 12, 13, 74, 93, and 95. Since then, I have done everything I could think of to try to get the data: done multiple Network Connections, multiple reboots, and even did a C&DE and went through guided setup again. Nothing has helped.

Can anyone suggest anything else I can try?

Regards,
Ned

It is almost certainly the same issue as in Melbourne (and most other places in Australia). You probably also have a problem with channel 32.
Although Melbourne also had an extra problem with channel 1 for a few days over the last week when I was experimenting with channel 12, but that is fixed today.
I haven't been able to do all the steps required for adding new channels in Australia over the last couple of years. It's not you, it is all TiVos in Australia.

Some work arounds :

Instead of channel 93, use channel 99 (eg: tell channel list that you don't receive 93) - both are 9Go.
Instead of channel 95, use channel 92 for 9Gem.
You can see the guide data for channel 12 by looking at channel 1 guide data (although channel 1 actually shows 10HD, not 10Bold). If you need to record a show on 10Bold, you could use a time based manual recording (for example, I have a weekly recording on Saturday evenings for channel 12).
For 74, either use only 73 (7mate) like for 9Go & 9Gem, or look at the guide data for 73 (like for 10Bold).
Sorry I have no suggestions for 13 (10Shake).

nedsnow
18-03-2021, 01:47 PM
Thanks for your response. I'm glad that at least it's not me. :) I had worked out the replacements, but it's too bad not to have HD.