PDA

View Full Version : 7 Mate HD (74) and 10 Bold (12) Missing Guide Data in SA

AusAdam
20-02-2021, 10:30 PM
In Adelaide, SA channel 12 (10 Bold) and channel 74 (7 Mate HD) has no working guide data. Is this something we can get sorted out?

AusAdam
27-05-2021, 10:42 PM
Any progress being made with these channels? 3 months on and they still don't work on the TiVo.

MattCallow
01-06-2021, 11:19 PM
I don't think anyone is actively working on this

Matt

AusAdam
12-06-2021, 03:19 PM
I don't think anyone is actively working on this

Matt

Is this something that can be looked into and sorted out at all?

DavidKeegel
03-07-2021, 10:29 PM
I can fix some things about guide data (in the last few days I have been busy dealing with changes to station names since 1 July 2021), but I don't know how to get tivos to read guide data for channels added by TV networks in the last few years. I have tried and failed a few times over the last couple of years. I have the same problem with channels like 12 and 74 in Melbourne (and have a manual recording for a weekly show on 10 Bold because I can't put guide data onto channel 12).

I don't think there is anyone else better placed to fix it than me. (Apart from the guy who set it up in the first place and gave me some training, but I haven't been able to get a response from him.)

Tigm
06-07-2021, 08:59 PM
Hi David

How are the station name changes traveling? We are are in the NSW Snowy and the recent 10/Win changes are quite befuddling.

Tigm

LazyBones
11-07-2021, 02:04 PM
The new changes to 10 Network 'channels' have also stuffed things up on my Tivo here in Hobart too. Hope it's not a pain to update/fix...

DavidKeegel
11-07-2021, 03:45 PM
I have someone in Cairns who gave me detailed feedback on what he was seeing in his area, although it took more than a week for us to get our heads around what was happening. For Cairns it looks like the station which oztivo calls WIN (and used to have TV channel 10 on it) now has TV channel 9 broadcast on it, and what oztivo calls station Nine matches up with TV channel 10. Similarly oztivo station GEM matches TV channel 10 Bold, oztivo station 9Go matches TV channel 10 Peach; oztivo station ONE matches TV channel 9Gem, and oztivo station ELEVEN matches TV channel 9Go. Based on that, I have swapped around (over the last few days) the way guide data is treated. If I understand correctly the result for Cairns is that the guide data on the TiVo matches up with what is shown on TV, although the channel names do not match.

Apart from Cairns, I am still assuming that Nine matches 9, WIN matches 10, GEM matches 9Gem, GO matches 9Go!, ONE matches 10 Bold (although that probably doesn't work since 10 Bold moved from channel 1 to channel 12 last year, at least in Melbourne and Adelaide) and ELEVEN matches 10 Peach. If I get some specific information on what is happening in certain regions and it is like Cairns then I can swap stations around like Cairns (or perhaps there are different swaps in other areas). I am aware there is probably still an issue with 9Life in regional areas, but I'm hoping that might improve on 1 August.

If you have an issue where the guide data on your tivo doesn't match the programs you see on TV (like the channels have been swapped), then please give details. If you have channels with no guide data at all which haven't had guide data for a long time/ever, I probably can't help with that.

LazyBones
12-07-2021, 01:11 PM
So here in Hobart, the current changes have taken place since channel 10's updates -

Channel 5
EPG - Nine
Logo - 10
Airs channel - 10

Channel 50
EPG - 9HD
Logo - Nil
Airs channel - 10

Channel 52
EPG - 9GEM
Logo - ONE HD
Airs channel 10 Peach

Channel 53
EPG - 9Go
Airs channel - 10 Bold

Sounds similar to the issue in Carins

Mike

PND1
12-07-2021, 07:54 PM
Certainly has thrown Season Passes out of sync has anybody any ideas how to fix it PLEASE I to am in Hobart

Tigm
12-07-2021, 08:35 PM
Google gave me this. Covers Far Sth Coast NSW. Is it sufficient?

Southern Cross Austereo Channels from July 1st
Channel Name Channel Number
Channel 10 5
Channel 10 HD 50
10 Bold 52
10 Peach 53
10 Shake 54
Sky Regional (Commences Aug 1st) 56

And

Nine regional channels on WIN from July 1st
Channel Name Channel Number Format
Channel 9 8
Channel 9 HD 80 Mpeg4
9Gem 81
9Go! 82
9Life (Commences Aug 1st) 83 Mpeg4
TVSN 84 Mpeg4
Gold 85 Mpeg4

DavidKeegel
13-07-2021, 02:03 AM
So here in Hobart, the current changes have taken place since channel 10's updates -

Channel 5
EPG - Nine
Logo - 10
Airs channel - 10

Channel 50
EPG - 9HD
Logo - Nil
Airs channel - 10

Channel 52
EPG - 9GEM
Logo - ONE HD
Airs channel 10 Peach

Channel 53
EPG - 9Go
Airs channel - 10 Bold

Sounds similar to the issue in Carins

Mike

The information about "EPG" and "Airs channel" is very useful to me. It does sound similar to Cairns.

I have started swapping stations for Hobart. I think I did retro-fitting of guide data for July 13 & 14 and maybe July 15 before server daily processing. From July 17's guide data the swapping should happen automatically (touch wood).

LazyBones
13-07-2021, 02:37 PM
The information about "EPG" and "Airs channel" is very useful to me. It does sound similar to Cairns.

I have started swapping stations for Hobart. I think I did retro-fitting of guide data for July 13 & 14 and maybe July 15 before server daily processing. From July 17's guide data the swapping should happen automatically (touch wood).

Great news David. Thanks for looking into it for us...

I've connected to the server today, hoping it would refresh things, but so far no updates. Will leave it a few days and check again.

Mike

Woodg
14-07-2021, 01:41 PM
Hi David,

I originally posted this in the Guide Data thread but see it is being discussed here (Thanks Tigm for pointing me here).

Hope this information helps you.

Here in regional NSW (and maybe other areas) Network Nine and Network 10 have swapped their affiliate regional stations. Ten shows were on the regional WIN Network on channels 5* and Nine shows were on the regional Southern Cross network on the 8* channels. They have (as of July 1) swapped. (This takes them back to how they were 5 years ago before Nine got greedy and dropped WIN as an affiliate.)

As per wintv.com.au, for Network Nine shows:

Channel 9 (standard definition) on channel 8
9HD (high definition) on channel 80
9Gem on channel 81
9Go! on channel 82
Sky News on WIN will continue on channel 83 until 9Life commences on that channel on August 1. TVSN on channel 84 and GOLD on channel 85 continue without change.

And for Network 10:

Channel 10 (standard definition) on channel 5
10HD (high definition) on channel 50
10Peach on channel 52
10Bold on channel 53
10Shake on channel 54 (although this is a totally new channel for regional areas)

What can we do to get the guide updated/corrected?

Glenn

DavidKeegel
14-07-2021, 03:49 PM
Hi David,

I originally posted this in the Guide Data thread but see it is being discussed here (Thanks Tigm for pointing me here).

Hope this information helps you.

Here in regional NSW (and maybe other areas) Network Nine and Network 10 have swapped their affiliate regional stations. Ten shows were on the regional WIN Network on channels 5* and Nine shows were on the regional Southern Cross network on the 8* channels. They have (as of July 1) swapped. (This takes them back to how they were 5 years ago before Nine got greedy and dropped WIN as an affiliate.)

As per wintv.com.au, for Network Nine shows:

Channel 9 (standard definition) on channel 8
9HD (high definition) on channel 80
9Gem on channel 81
9Go! on channel 82
Sky News on WIN will continue on channel 83 until 9Life commences on that channel on August 1. TVSN on channel 84 and GOLD on channel 85 continue without change.

And for Network 10:

Channel 10 (standard definition) on channel 5
10HD (high definition) on channel 50
10Peach on channel 52
10Bold on channel 53
10Shake on channel 54 (although this is a totally new channel for regional areas)

What can we do to get the guide updated/corrected?

Glenn

In other regions, for example Cairns and Hobart people are reporting these channel swaps:
9 <-> 10
9Gem <-> 10 Bold (ONE)
9Go <-> 10 Peach (ELEVEN)

and I have updated the way guide data flows for those particular regions to swap guide data for those channels.

I believe this means that in those regions your TiVo will have the wrong channel name and logo, but the guide data will match what is broadcast.
I expect this also means that season passes on those channels will need to be re-created after the swap of guide data is visible on your TiVo (because from the TiVo's point of view the series is being broadcast on a different channel). At least that is better than having the season pass record the wrong channel (which I assume is what happens before I do a swap of guide data).

Anyway, the key thing I need to know is what TV region are you in and are you happy for me to do the channel swaps I mentioned above?
TV regions in NSW are:
Albury/Wodonga
Broken Hill
Central Coast
Coffs Harbour
Griffith
Lismore
Newcastle
Orange/Dubbo
South Coast
Sydney
Tamworth
Taree/Port Macquarie
Wagga Wagga
Wollongong

Woodg
14-07-2021, 04:22 PM
Hi David,

Thanks for the response. I'm in Orange, NSW. Yes, the channel name and logo are wrong, but so is the guide data. The guide data doesn't match what is actually being broadcast on the channel.

Glenn

Tigm
14-07-2021, 09:28 PM
Same for South Coast NSW

DavidKeegel
15-07-2021, 10:54 AM
I have done channel swaps for guide data as of
Cairns - July 10
Hobart - July 16
Launceston - July 17
South East SA - July 19
Canberra - July 17
Orange - July 17

You won't see July 17 or July 19 guide data on your TiVo until after your daily call on July 16.

DavidKeegel
15-07-2021, 11:30 AM
Same for South Coast NSW

Do you have guide data in South Coast NSW? It turns out oztivo doesn't have guide data for the region called "South Coast". If you do get guide data, maybe it is coming from somewhere like Canberra or Albury.

Tigm
15-07-2021, 06:44 PM
Hi David, Canberra I would say.

Woodg
15-07-2021, 08:12 PM
Thanks David. I look forward to checking out the changes for Orange.

Glenn

DavidKeegel
16-07-2021, 06:41 PM
Thanks David. I look forward to checking out the changes for Orange.

Glenn

You should be able to see the changes for Orange in today's guide (after your TiVo has done its daily connect).

LazyBones
17-07-2021, 02:44 PM
Great news David. Thanks for looking into it for us...

I've connected to the server today, hoping it would refresh things, but so far no updates. Will leave it a few days and check again.

Mike

I've not noticed any changes from my existing channel status, Also did a manual connect to server to get latest data but no changes.

So I'm still seeing the following -

Channel 5
EPG - Nine
Logo - 10
Airs channel - 10

Channel 50
EPG - 9HD
Logo - Nil
Airs channel - 10

Channel 52
EPG - 9GEM
Logo - ONE HD
Airs channel 10 Peach

Channel 53
EPG - 9Go
Airs channel - 10 Bold

Cheers
Mike

DavidKeegel
17-07-2021, 11:49 PM
I've not noticed any changes from my existing channel status, Also did a manual connect to server to get latest data but no changes.

So I'm still seeing the following -

Channel 5
EPG - Nine
Logo - 10
Airs channel - 10

The only difference you should expect to see (for Hobart) is that the shows listed in the TiVo's EPG from July 16 onwards look like they belong to a different network (for example based on what you said channel 5 should have shows from 10 listed in EPG probably for July 16 onwards, or at least from July 19 onwards).

I have started a new thread to discuss this issue at:
https://forums.oztivo.net/showthread.php?3043-WIN-amp-SCA-swapping-9-amp-10-related-channels-July-2021

Woodg
18-07-2021, 10:15 PM
Hi David, thanks for the update. Just a couple of issues.

1: Guide data for 52 & 53 are incorrect - they need to be swapped. That is channel 52 is displaying the guide data for channel 53 and 53 is showing guide data for 52.

2: The channel names are not changed.

Thanks for looking at this whole issue.

Glenn

DavidKeegel
19-07-2021, 12:44 AM
Hi David, thanks for the update. Just a couple of issues.

1: Guide data for 52 & 53 are incorrect - they need to be swapped. That is channel 52 is displaying the guide data for channel 53 and 53 is showing guide data for 52.

2: The channel names are not changed.

Thanks for looking at this whole issue.

Glenn

I am going to assume someone (maybe me) made a mistake and instead of:
9 <-> 10
9Gem <-> 10 Bold (ONE)
it should be
9 <-> 10
9Go <-> 10 Bold (ONE)
9Gem <-> 10 Peach (ELEVEN)
for Cairns, Canberra, Orange, Tasmania and South East SA, with this new change effective for guide data for 23 July onwards.

I am assuming that there is another pair of channels swapped (probably 81 & 82) also which Glenn didn't mention.

I can't fix the channel names. You should expect the channel names will stay wrong.

lukeric
19-07-2021, 08:51 PM
In other regions, for example Cairns and Hobart people are reporting these channel swaps:
9 <-> 10
9Gem <-> 10 Bold (ONE)

and I have updated the way guide data flows for those particular regions to swap guide data for those channels.

I believe this means that in those regions your TiVo will have the wrong channel name and logo, but the guide data will match what is broadcast.
I expect this also means that season passes on those channels will need to be re-created after the swap of guide data is visible on your TiVo (because from the TiVo's point of view the series is being broadcast on a different channel). At least that is better than having the season pass record the wrong channel (which I assume is what happens before I do a swap of guide data).

Anyway, the key thing I need to know is what TV region are you in and are you happy for me to do the channel swaps I mentioned above?
TV regions in NSW are:
Albury/Wodonga
Broken Hill
Central Coast
Coffs Harbour
Griffith
Lismore
Newcastle
Orange/Dubbo
South Coast
Sydney
Tamworth
Taree/Port Macquarie
Wagga Wagga
Wollongong

Hi David,
This is currently what we see on our tivo in Wollongong region
Channel 5
EPG - Nine
Logo - nil
Airs channel - 10

Channel 50
EPG - 9HD
Logo - Nil
Airs channel - 10HD

Channel 52
EPG - 9GEM
Logo - nil
Airs channel 10 Peach

Channel 53
EPG - 9Go
Logo 11
Airs channel - 10 Bold

Channel 8
EPG 10
Logo Win
Airs channel - 9

Channel 80
EPG 10HD
Airs channel 9HD

Channel 81
EpG 10 Bold
Logo 9Go
Airs 9gem

Channel 82
Epg 10peach
Logo gem
Airs 9Go

If you could swap the EPG to match what is airing that would be greatly appreciated. Also less importantly, logos 9go and 9gem should be switched. Thanks for your hard work.

DavidKeegel
20-07-2021, 12:58 AM
Check the guide data in Wollongong from July 23.
Sorry I can't change logos.

lukeric
20-07-2021, 12:42 PM

Thanks for that!

DavidKeegel
20-07-2021, 05:33 PM
Canberra & Orange had the wrong guide data for 10 Peach (it had 10 Bold shows instead) on July 23 for today's daily update, but that should be fixed in tomorrow's daily update (for July 23 & 24) and subsequently.

If anyone wants to raise new regions with swapped channels, please reply on the new thread:
https://forums.oztivo.net/showthread.php?3043-WIN-amp-SCA-swapping-9-amp-10-related-channels-July-2021

lukeric
23-07-2021, 08:32 PM

Hi David, I've checked our tivo today and posted a reply in your new thread. Thanks

Woodg
25-07-2021, 10:51 PM
Hi David,

It took some time and a few guide updates but I can confirm that 52 & 53 for Orange are now showing the correct EPG data.

But, 81 & 82 are swapped. I thought they were correct, but I was mistaken. Would you be able to swap these at your convenience please?

Also channel 32 SBS World Movies and 60 Prime 7 HD are totally missing EPG data. Channel 60 is just the HD version of 6 so could 'simply' be copied from 6 but I can live without that change. Thanks for your help. Glenn.

DavidKeegel
27-07-2021, 10:46 AM
Hi David,

It took some time and a few guide updates but I can confirm that 52 & 53 for Orange are now showing the correct EPG data.

But, 81 & 82 are swapped. I thought they were correct, but I was mistaken. Would you be able to swap these at your convenience please?

Also channel 32 SBS World Movies and 60 Prime 7 HD are totally missing EPG data. Channel 60 is just the HD version of 6 so could 'simply' be copied from 6 but I can live without that change. Thanks for your help. Glenn.

81 & 82 for Canberra and Dubbo/Orange should be swapped as of July 28. You should already be able to see this guide data if you scroll through the guide info on your TiVo and look at the future.

Sorry I can't help with 32 & 60, I haven't been able to put guide data on channels which were added in the past few years. So in Melbourne (where I am) there is no guide data for 32 (SBS World Movies) or 12 (10 Bold), 13 (10 Shake), 74 (7mateHD), 93 (9Go duplicate), 95 (9Gem duplicate), 96 (9Rush). If fixing it was a simple matter of copying then I would fix it first in Melbourne (where I can test/verify it myself) and then in other places.

The only case where I have had success adding guide data to channels that didn't have it in recent years was when I had someone with previous TiVo experience move into a regional SA area where we hadn't heard from anyone before, and he could login to his TiVo and send me the output of running /hack/bin/station_debug.tcl which gave me some numbers I needed to match up channels. That process didn't end up with guide data for all the channels, but did get most (maybe all) of the channels that existed in 2017 (similar to other places).

Woodg
28-07-2021, 03:24 PM
Hi David, something weird has happened. Channels 52 & 53 guide data has now swapped back. It was ok for a few days, but seems to have changed overnight. They were absolutely correct yesterday. Any ideas? And 81 & 82 are still incorrect. Thanks, Glenn.

DavidKeegel
28-07-2021, 11:53 PM
Hi David, something weird has happened. Channels 52 & 53 guide data has now swapped back. It was ok for a few days, but seems to have changed overnight. They were absolutely correct yesterday. Any ideas? And 81 & 82 are still incorrect. Thanks, Glenn.

I changed TiVo station 9Gem so that instead of having guide data for 10 Peach (until 27 July) it has guide data for 10 Bold (from 28 July); and similarly changed TiVo station 9Go so instead of guide data for 10 Bold it has guide data for 10 Peach. I thought this would fix your report that channels 81 & 82 were swapped, but it sounds like I created a new problem instead.

I don't really want to risk mis-interpreting the problem again, especially when there is a lag of a few days between when I change something and when it appears as current guide data. So can I get a more detailed description of what you see (preferably what TiVo calls the channel, what is airing on that channel, and which channel the guide data looks like) and what guide data you want to see in that channel, for each of the WIN & SCA channels.

Woodg
01-08-2021, 07:58 PM
Hi David,

Thanks for helping. I left responding for a few days as I wanted to ensure I had the latest guide data.

Hope the information below is of assistance.

Channels in Orange, NSW, 2800

Channel 52 is 10 Peach and the TiVo Guide shows data for 10 Bold and what is being aired is 10 Peach shows (i.e. TiVo Guide data is incorrect)

Channel 53 is 10 Bold and the TiVo Guide shows data for 10 Peach and what is being aired is 10 Bold shows (i.e. TiVo Guide data is incorrect)

Channel 81 is 9Gem and the TiVo Guide shows data for 9Go! and what is being aired is 9Gem shows (i.e. TiVo Guide data is incorrect)

Channel 82 is 9Go! and the TiVo Guide shows data for 9Gem and what is being aired is 9Go! shows (i.e. TiVo Guide data is incorrect)

The channel numbers above are what is displayed on the TiVo Guide (of course, with incorrect logos but we have to live with that).

Please let me know if you need any further information.

DavidKeegel
03-08-2021, 12:54 AM
Orange (and Canberra) 9Gem and 9Go should be fixed from Aug 3 (after daily connection).
If that works, I can do the same sort of swap for 10 Bold and 10 Peach in a day or two.

Woodg
04-08-2021, 12:18 PM
Hi David,

9Gem and 9Go are now correct. But 10Bold and 10Peach are now also correct, too. As far as I can tell, all 4 channels are ok.

Thanks for your help. Glenn.

DavidKeegel
04-08-2021, 06:27 PM
I ended up swapping 10Bold & 10Peach for Canberra & Orange the next day (so it was visible today, Aug 4).
Thanks for confirming.

Woodg
05-08-2021, 01:58 PM
Thanks. In particular, my 85 year old mother thanks you. She can handle the TiVo. I'd hate to have to teach her how to use a Fetch. Those Fetch designers could learn a thing or two about design from TiVo.

cashie
24-09-2021, 07:28 PM
Hi David,
This is currently what we see on our tivo in Wollongong region
Channel 5
EPG - Nine
Logo - nil
Airs channel - 10

Channel 50
EPG - 9HD
Logo - Nil
Airs channel - 10HD

Channel 52
EPG - 9GEM
Logo - nil
Airs channel 10 Peach

Channel 53
EPG - 9Go
Logo 11
Airs channel - 10 Bold

Channel 8
EPG 10
Logo Win
Airs channel - 9

Channel 80
EPG 10HD
Airs channel 9HD

Channel 81
EpG 10 Bold
Logo 9Go
Airs 9gem

Channel 82
Epg 10peach
Logo gem
Airs 9Go

If you could swap the EPG to match what is airing that would be greatly appreciated. Also less importantly, logos 9go and 9gem should be switched. Thanks for your hard work.

This is also happening with regional WA... Can this be fixed please?
I've added the details to the thread https://forums.oztivo.net/showthread.php?3043-WIN-amp-SCA-swapping-9-amp-10-related-channels-July-2021&p=19662#post19662

kozomorimoto
11-10-2021, 01:36 AM
I'm in Brisbane, QLD and I see the guide data for 10 Bold, but it is mapped to channel 1. But channel 12 is actually 10 Bold on the TivoHD. I had to manually set a recording for channel 12 to watch something on 10 Bold.

Ewan_Hoozami
19-10-2021, 05:54 PM
I'm in Brisbane, QLD and I see the guide data for 10 Bold, but it is mapped to channel 1. But channel 12 is actually 10 Bold on the TivoHD. I had to manually set a recording for channel 12 to watch something on 10 Bold.

Hate to be a nuisance, but similar issues in the Sunshine Coast:

Ch 50 (10) shows as 9HD
Ch 52 (10 Peach) showing as ONE HD
Ch 81 (9 GEM) showing GO ONE
Ch 90 (9HD) showing GEM

More annoyingly channel 32 SBS World Movies has vanished completely and can't even be recorded manually.

cheers

Dennis

mnmGirlOz
03-12-2022, 06:40 PM
Channel 7 in the bendigo area has made a line up change. Is it possible to get guide data changed for this area.

60 7HD Bendigo. New
61 7 Bendigo. New
62 7 TWO
63 7 mate. No longer broadcasting
64 7 mate. New replaced 63
65 7 bravo. No longer broadcasting
66 7 flix. Can't watch because of audio issues
66 ishoptv. No longer broadcasting
67 ishoptv new. Can't watch because of audio issues
68 Racing. Can't watch because of audio issues

I have raised about the audio issue some time ago but was advised there was no solution. I will remove these channels from my tivo (7 flix is the only one I'd like but the English track won't play).

Can you help with the guides for 60, 61 and 64 please

Doni74
07-12-2022, 09:31 PM
I just came here to checkout the same thing. In Brisbane, no EPG on 74 (7Mate), 75 (7Bravo), and 96 (9Rush).

Doni74
10-12-2022, 07:51 PM
So does this mean the guide is no longer being maintained? I would love to help as I have some coding experience. Will hate to see this project die.

petestrash
12-12-2022, 12:41 PM
I'm not into TiVo anymore, but pop in every now and then to keep a lid on the SPAM posts.

Have you looked to see if the guide data for your area is available @ tvguide.pl (https://www.oztivo.net/tivo-bin/tvguide.pl)?

If you have not registered, you may need to register here (https://www.oztivo.net/twiki/bin/view/TWiki/TWikiRegistration) first to get access.

And maybe send David Keegel (https://forums.oztivo.net/member.php?2756-DavidKeegel) a PM on here as he has volunteered to maintain the OzTiVo headend.

Pete.

Doni74
12-12-2022, 09:20 PM
I'm not into TiVo anymore, but pop in every now and then to keep a lid on the SPAM posts.

Have you looked to see if the guide data for your area is available @ tvguide.pl (https://www.oztivo.net/tivo-bin/tvguide.pl)?

If you have not registered, you may need to register here (https://www.oztivo.net/twiki/bin/view/TWiki/TWikiRegistration) first to get access.

And maybe send David Keegel (https://forums.oztivo.net/member.php?2756-DavidKeegel) a PM on here as he has volunteered to maintain the OzTiVo headend.

Pete.

Thanks, yea I did try that but got "Sorry, Registration has been temporarily disabled"

Tigm
18-12-2022, 04:44 PM
I see some fabulous person has put the epg for 7 mate back however for me, in far south New South Wales it has gone back on 63 7 mate which actually has nothing behind it and there is no epg displaying for 64 7 mate hd where all the programs are. This is a usable channel; the audio fixed works but the epg is not reflected. Anyone?

DavidKeegel
20-12-2022, 03:40 PM

Pete.

I can't add new channels into the OzTiVo headend. I have some rough instructions from a few years ago which are supposed to say how to do it, but there are missing pieces that I don't know where to find, and bits I am not sure about. We also don't have a working test environment so if I try changing things to experiment, I could break guide data for everyone in Australia.

If you want to move guide data from one channel which has guide data to another channel which already has guide data, I can help with that in the way I dealt with SCA and WIN swapping channels in 2021 (the channel names & logos will be wrong). But for a channel which currently has no guide data, then you are out of luck unless someone magically finds a solution for a problem I haven't been able to solve in the last 3 years or so.

Tigm
20-12-2022, 06:22 PM
"More annoyingly channel 32 SBS World Movies has vanished completely and can't even be recorded manually.

cheers

Dennis"

I just noticed your post. So if you haven't figured it out already; World movies needs to be selected in your channel list. Mine disappears all the time whenever the Tivo does a reset or hard reset. So I have to go into the list give it a cheque mark and a like and it generally stays until the next reset it. I keep an eye on it when it drops out I just pop back in and re select it.

Doni74
21-12-2022, 10:19 AM
I can't add new channels into the OzTiVo headend. I have some rough instructions from a few years ago which are supposed to say how to do it, but there are missing pieces that I don't know where to find, and bits I am not sure about. We also don't have a working test environment so if I try changing things to experiment, I could break guide data for everyone in Australia.

If you want to move guide data from one channel which has guide data to another channel which already has guide data, I can help with that in the way I dealt with SCA and WIN swapping channels in 2021 (the channel names & logos will be wrong). But for a channel which currently has no guide data, then you are out of luck unless someone magically finds a solution for a problem I haven't been able to solve in the last 3 years or so.

Hi David, thanks for the response. In Brisbane, regarding no EPG on 74 (7Mate), 75 (7Bravo), and 96 (9Rush), it seems to have broken since a lineup change.

For example 73(7Mate) became 74 (7Mate HD Brisbane). I suspect then that it may be an easy fix. 73 is still there and the EPG is working on that channel, however its just a still picture telling us to use 74.

Doni74
21-12-2022, 10:20 AM
More annoyingly channel 32 SBS World Movies has vanished completely and can't even be recorded manually.

I have this channel but no EPG for this one either here in Brisbane

Tigm
22-12-2022, 12:23 PM
I have this channel but no EPG for this one either here in Brisbane
WorldMovies has always needed recording manually. EPG has never been available.

Doni74
27-12-2022, 10:19 AM
I have some rough instructions from a few years ago which are supposed to say how to do it, but there are missing pieces that I don't know where to find, and bits I am not sure about. We also don't have a working test environment so if I try changing things to experiment, I could break guide data for everyone in Australia.

Hi David, would you mind sharing those instructions? I would like to get my head around how the whole environment fits together. The twiki is very vague. I could possibly assist with putting together a test environment on my own server for you to use if required.

andymoz
05-01-2023, 04:30 PM
Not sure if this is the right place to post this. With 7 Mate changing from 73 to 74 in Melbourne,I no longer have any guide info.
I suppose I'll have to find a TV guide and work out a manual fix.
Cheers.

Doni74
05-01-2023, 04:41 PM
Unfortunately it seems the guide is no longer being maintained, its a bit of a shame considering all the hard work that was put into the new mods a few years ago. The tivos without the guide info are essentially just bricks and I can only expect it to get worse over the next few months with even more guide changes on their way.

I'm currently looking at purchasing a Fetch TV Mighty, anybody used one of these before? Another option which looks good is the hdhomerun.

kaiser
06-01-2023, 12:05 AM
Yes I have noticed the same problem.
Now something else has turned up. My TiVo's have stopped recording shows like the 6pm news, it says on the "to do list" it's not recorded is because it is a repeat! I have the record set for first runs in the "season pass mangr" and has been fine up till today. I have now changed to "all" and I will see what happens tomorrow.

kaiser
06-01-2023, 12:14 AM
I have a Mighty Fetch it's not bad but compared to the TiVo it fails. It will record several channels but you can not flip between them as the two channels recording on the TiVo. I hire mine through Optus as a package. I have been doing that for some time but the box has been replaced 3 times after failing. Then you loose all you recordings and have to reprogram all the shows you want to record again.

Doni74
19-01-2023, 08:35 AM
I thought the fetch was good? I am currently playing around with Jellyfin DVR (https://jellyfin.org/) and the built in m3u tuner (which just records the internet streams). Its working pretty well to be honest, the only real issue I have had so far is that it does not work for any live sport (this is never streamed but transmitted over freeview UHF only).

The main issue with this setup is that it needs a dedicated PC setup to run it. The client can be anything really as the jellyfin client app can be installed on nearly anything. I am currently running it off an xiaomi android box.

Jellyfin is also compatible with the HDHomerun (https://www.silicondust.com/) which will solve the recording of sports problem, but so far I have not needed it and if I am watching any of the live sport I just do it the old fashioned way and watch directly on freeview uhf.