PDA

View Full Version : Failed while negotiating

gadgarra
18-07-2020, 08:26 AM
Over the past few years, one or other of my 2 TiVos has failed to connect with the server. It stops at the "negotiating" stage and displays the message "Failed while negotiating". This has happened to both my TiVos, but not at the same time. One connects via Ethernet to my router and the other connects via wireless.

Restarting does not fix it, and the only remedy is to install a backup disc. This has always in the past solved the problem and the TiVo connects OK.

Yesterday, the problem occurred on TiVo1, the one that connects via wireless. I installed the backup disc, and confirmed that it connected OK to the server and downloaded the guide data. This morning however, the server connection failed again with the same message. So now both my discs for this TiVo have failed.

I am now wondering if the cause is not with the disc, but is a fault of some sort with the Tivo motherboard.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Also, Darren, if you are reading this, do you have any ideas as to the cause of the problem?

Darren King
18-07-2020, 10:23 PM
It’s not motherboard.

Maybe David Keegel can access the server and see if the logging from your connection attempt shows anything.

paulw
25-07-2020, 08:09 AM
Getting the same thing here in NZ. Last successful connection was Thursday morning .

Spong
25-07-2020, 10:13 AM
It appears to be a problem for everyone here in NZ. I've messaged Daryl who also looks after these things. I believe the same hosted server feeds both NZ and Australia's EPGs? Is Australia affected? I know also that payment for hosting was becoming a potential problem, so hopefully this can be resolved.

allanl
25-07-2020, 10:24 AM
I have the same issue in Brisbane. It looks like the TIVO hasn't managed to connect since Thursday. Anyone have a clue as to what is happening?

RLSA
25-07-2020, 12:57 PM
I have two Tivos. Both "Failed while negotiating" this morning (Sat 25/7/2020)

Last successes for each Tivo were
1) Thursday 23/7/2020 12:55am
2) Thursday 23/7/2020 2:57pm

Any info re status of server?

Ewan_Hoozami
25-07-2020, 02:25 PM
I have two Tivos. Both "Failed while negotiating" this morning (Sat 25/7/2020)

Last successes for each Tivo were
1) Thursday 23/7/2020 12:55am
2) Thursday 23/7/2020 2:57pm

Any info re status of server?

No, I have no info I'm afraid, but have the same problem on the sunshine coast, last successful connection Thu 23/7 at 1.53a.m.

cheers

allanl
25-07-2020, 03:54 PM
Watch out when this happends. Don't try and reset the Tivo or, like me, you'll end up not able to get it going again as the set-up hangs on the network failure. Really frustrating and I'm hoping someone has a fix!

edcba
25-07-2020, 04:20 PM
TiVo is failing to negotiate in Sydney also. Darren or David Keegel, can you comment, please?

Islander
25-07-2020, 05:59 PM
What is the server IP? Should it respond to a ping and does it?

DavidKeegel
25-07-2020, 08:36 PM
TiVo is failing to negotiate in Sydney also. Darren or David Keegel, can you comment, please?

Is it working any better now?

I think it was broken for everyone from July 23 at 18:40 AEST until a few minutes ago.

kozomorimoto
25-07-2020, 09:07 PM
Thank you. It looks like it worked. I'm in Brisbane, as of 9:06pm 25/7/20.

I sent an email out to the oztivo mailing list and was re-directed here. Is this a better place for these kind of things? Should I stop using the mailing list?

allanl
25-07-2020, 09:30 PM
I thought this was fixed (Brisbane) but I am stuck in loop after connecting, with the TiVo unable to find channel info and repeatedly doing a guided setup. Anyone else funding thus - and how is it fixed?

Owen_B_NZ
25-07-2020, 09:51 PM
My two TiVo's are both loading, connection appears to be back to normal.
Thanks for the fast response.
Would be happy to subscribe to fund if required.
All the best from New Zealand

Darren King
25-07-2020, 10:30 PM
I thought this was fixed (Brisbane) but I am stuck in loop after connecting, with the TiVo unable to find channel info and repeatedly doing a guided setup. Anyone else funding thus - and how is it fixed?

You using your capital city postcode and not your local one?

Darren King
25-07-2020, 10:35 PM
I sent an email out to the oztivo mailing list and was re-directed here. Is this a better place for these kind of things? Should I stop using the mailing list?

I’ve been trying to encourage people to use the forums for ages but not because of the mailing list but because like with today’s problem I wake up to a ton of emails (I work night shift), which is nice that people still remember me but in a case like today it’s not my area.

But to give you my honest answer to your question, yes. Personally I think it’s easier when you can browse a list of topics rather than emails like the original oztivo email list does.

RLSA
25-07-2020, 10:42 PM
Both my Tivos have connected and loaded program info. One is now showing new items in the To Do List. The other is not showing the new items yet but it was connected after the other one. Does it normally take a while after loading is finished before the To Do List is updated with new items?

Many thanks for your prompt handling of this recent problem and for your ongoing support of OzTivo.

I'm thinking of volunteering some of my time for the program info updates if that would help extend the program info for more days into the future. Is there a forum for volunteers?

Darren King
25-07-2020, 10:56 PM
When a TiVo has not had successful connection for a couple of days it takes a while for guide data and to do list to return.

In regards to volunteering welcome! I’d just start a subject thread. David Keegel might have a more elegant way.

allanl
26-07-2020, 06:32 PM
All good. Back in action.

Ewan_Hoozami
27-07-2020, 05:56 PM
Thanks David, working again now:)

But can't watch the Moto GP as I guessed the wrong channel on manual record :(

cheers

Ewan