PDA

View Full Version : inconsistent tv guide data

stevetevella
19-03-2019, 07:49 PM
probably been already asked. my guide is 10% wrong most of the time, either the wrong show listed or strange short times. its been getting worse the last few weeks. is this going to get worse? i pressume evryone must be having the same problem. is there a fix? thanks

Darren King
22-03-2019, 03:50 PM
The fix is to firstly say what is incorrect, but ultimately as this is a voluntarily run service now and not a commercial product you should consider helping out too.

dieselVtwin
13-07-2019, 12:44 PM
probably been already asked. my guide is 10% wrong most of the time, either the wrong show listed or strange short times. its been getting worse the last few weeks. is this going to get worse? i pressume evryone must be having the same problem. is there a fix? thanks

Hi,

Modded TiVo user here in NZ. VERY grateful for all the effort people have put into keeping my favorite TV viewing method alive.

Occasionally see incorrect or inconsistent guide data. Not complaining, just noticing and mentioning it.

I realize that it's a volunteer activity. Don't have a lot of time to contribute, but would like to help. Where/how do I engage on this?

Cheers,
Alan

Pawl
18-07-2019, 10:08 AM
The biggest problem I see is some show scheduled at, say, 20:00 followed by the same show at 20:05; the first records, the second doesn't, and you miss most of the show. This is something that could be fixed automatically.

At least, that was the main problem until a few days ago when, I've just discovered, all my TiVos simultaneously stopped importing data -- they connect and claim to be fetching it, but it completes too quickly and there's nothing in the guide beyond early Sunday. Is there a problem with the server, or has something expired on the TiVo? Network stuff not in the "Now Showing" list any more, either...