PDA

View Full Version : EPG only has info until 1st December

A-M Davey
29-11-2018, 12:39 PM
My last successful connection was last night however the EPG runs out midday 1st December. Usually there is a week of programme information. I’m not sure if there is a problem with my TiVo or if the wonderful people keeping TiVo going are a little bit behind. Not sure if I should be worried or not. :o
Thanks

A-M Davey
30-11-2018, 05:41 AM
It’s not just me, I have checked with someone else and their epg also runs out tomorrow. Will there be an update today? I’m very sad if TiVo has now finished for NZ users:(

Darren King
30-11-2018, 06:50 AM
TiVo has definitely NOT finished for NZ users

I am not involved with the generation of EPG, but have you tried doing a manual connection via the network settings menu and does this extend the amount of EPG you have?

A-M Davey
30-11-2018, 07:07 AM
No. I haven’t tried a manual connection. I will try that when I get home tonight and report back. I didn’t think a manual connection was necessary as I have checking each day to see if the scheduled connect worked and it has. I check this most days as a matter of course.

A-M Davey
30-11-2018, 02:39 PM
Before I ran the manual connection there was no epg. Ran the manual connection and epg is back. 👍. I don?t understand why the manual one worked compared to the routine connection which was not downloading the epg. Do I take it if epg is running out I should always do a manual connect? I?d like to hear why the 2 connections are different if someone felt inclined to explain in simple terms 😁. Anyway, thanks for the suggestion Darren. I am so relieved TiVo lives on. I have 3 and they are better than anything else imho

Darren King
30-11-2018, 05:41 PM
For people wondering I was told off list that a good chunk of NZ EPG was uploaded today. Therefore if anyone is concerned then a manual connection will immediately grab it otherwise the next automatic download will.

Islander
01-12-2018, 04:34 AM
If there is a lack of EPG , or other related problems, it pays to do a manual connection and watch the messages as it connects and downloads. Anything out of the ordinary may be an indication of the problem. Maybe watch a good download so you can spot a bad one. Don't be too surprised if the last step indicates a long period of time as this is a good indication of a healthy download of a week or so of guide data.
As the connection is done at a roughly once per day cycle the problem may have been resolved between your TiVo's automatic connections (as indicated by Darren).

DavidKeegel
03-12-2018, 07:27 PM
Can someone confirm (for those of us outside NZ) that EPG on NZ TiVos is working happily again by now?

Islander
04-12-2018, 04:50 PM
A quick check shows guide data up to Mon 10/12. :-)

Doni74
05-12-2018, 05:25 AM
Can someone confirm (for those of us outside NZ) that EPG on NZ TiVos is working happily again by now?

Been working well for about a year now.
There was an issue a few months back when they did some sort of upgrade, but besides that our EPG has always been working.
Only channel without EPG at the moment is the Edge TV. But none of us ever watch that one anyway.

Pawl
21-12-2018, 03:36 PM
Been working well for about a year now.
There was an issue a few months back when they did some sort of upgrade, but besides that our EPG has always been working.
Only channel without EPG at the moment is the Edge TV. But none of us ever watch that one anyway.

I've just discovered I have no guide data beyond tomorrow afternoon, for most channels. Not the first time this has happened. Anybody know what's going on? Is it just that nobody entered the data until recently, and units that call in when there's no data available won't get that block again when it is available? (Because the server, not the TiVo, tracks what it's supposed to have, right? Surely it can't be too hard to add a check to not update that information when the data doesn't exist...)

A-M Davey
22-12-2018, 04:36 AM
My EPG is the same. I did the manual connect last night as previously suggested. Some channels already show to be announced, some have what looks like accurate data until 11am some just have news over and over again. The get programme data download took around 20 minutes which I think is how long you would expect for a normal download

Islander
22-12-2018, 05:39 AM
There is guide data for the few of us that still have the series 1 TiVos. At present a weeks worth. It seems the source(s) of this data are different and, maybe, more reliable than the HD data supply. I understand that the Series 1 server has multiple sources to cover loss of an individual feed.
Can an aggregation from the Orac generated data be implemented with maybe a transfer of the series 1 server to the current HD platform?

Spong
22-12-2018, 03:42 PM
There has been a problem with the Freeview EPG data source that dried up, but has just become live again. A manual connect should bring you up to date again. Currently a search is on for additional sources that will help prevent this happening again, and we have a couple of good leads.

Pawl
22-12-2018, 07:54 PM
There has been a problem with the Freeview EPG data source that dried up, but has just become live again. A manual connect should bring you up to date again. Currently a search is on for additional sources that will help prevent this happening again, and we have a couple of good leads.

Yep, sure enough, it's back now. Thank you to whoever's responsible. (What do you need for the data feed? I have a mythtv server that gets the over-the-air EPG data -- happy to figure out how it's stored, munge it as necessary, and pass it on)

A-M Davey
22-12-2018, 08:28 PM
Thank you for those involved in sorting this out :)

A-M Davey
18-07-2019, 03:56 PM
Hello. I’ve noticed that the guide runs out midnight Saturday. I did a manual connect and although it connected successfully the guide still finishes Saturday. Is there a problem at the moment?

dieselVtwin
18-07-2019, 04:28 PM
Hello. I?ve noticed that the guide runs out midnight Saturday. I did a manual connect and although it connected successfully the guide still finishes Saturday. Is there a problem at the moment?

<BUMP>

Same here, except our guide data has already run out. Tried manually sync, before and after a soft and hard reboots.
Any news from someone in the know?

Spong
19-07-2019, 08:21 AM
This is affecting everyone. It appears the guide source has dried up. I've messaged the people responsible, Hopefully this will be resolved before the current guide ends on Sunday morning or soon after, based on previous experience. Figures crossed.

A-M Davey
19-07-2019, 09:54 AM
This is affecting everyone. It appears the guide source has dried up. I've messaged the people responsible, Hopefully this will be resolved before the current guide ends on Sunday morning or soon after, based on previous experience. Figures crossed.

Thanks Spong - it has been resolved pretty quickly in the past. I’m grateful to the volunteers that keep TiVo alive. I would volunteer but do not have a computer and I am not very tech savvy so I imagine those things are not helpful.

The only service I can offer is checking the guide is updating regularly but I don’t want to bug the volunteers needlessly.

Islander
19-07-2019, 04:38 PM
The Series 1 guide data from Orac is still good with just over a weeks worth as of today. Is it possible to use it in the interim Spong?

A-M Davey
20-07-2019, 09:39 AM
Thank you. I see the guide has been updated. :D