PDA

View Full Version : Duplicate data in guide

Pawl
04-10-2018, 09:45 PM
For the last couple of days I've been getting duplicated programme data showing up an hour early in the guide for TV1 and TV2 (the +1 channels seem to be OK); e.g., for TV2 tonight I have

8:30 Bride And Prejudice UK
8:35 Bad Teen To Ballroom ...
9:35 Bad Teen To Ballroom ...
10:05 Police Ten 7
10:30 The Last Ship
10:35 Two And A Half Men
11:05 Police Ten 7
11:20 The Walking Dead
11:30 The Last Ship
12:20 The Walking Dead
The lines in red are errors.

Doni74
05-10-2018, 05:23 PM
For the last couple of days I've been getting duplicated programme data showing up an hour early in the guide for TV1 and TV2 (the +1 channels seem to be OK); e.g., for TV2 tonight I have

8:30 Bride And Prejudice UK
8:35 Bad Teen To Ballroom ...
9:35 Bad Teen To Ballroom ...
10:05 Police Ten 7
10:30 The Last Ship
10:35 Two And A Half Men
11:05 Police Ten 7
11:20 The Walking Dead
11:30 The Last Ship
12:20 The Walking Dead
The lines in red are errors.

Probably something to so with daylight savings switchover on Sunday morning.

lynfran
06-10-2018, 10:46 PM
I've had my TiVo for 5 or so days and for the most part I'm impressed. NOT, however impressed by the TV Guide.
The guide was the main reason I got an upgraded machine. Now I've missed the whole first episode of a new season of a favourite program.
If you need help with data entry, let me know because I am more than happy to volunteer.

Also, NOT impressed that "fast forward to end/beginning" has been removed as an option. I can't imagine who thought that was a great idea.
Now it takes ages to scroll through areas I just don't need to watch.

Doni74
07-10-2018, 01:58 PM
I've had my TiVo for 5 or so days and for the most part I'm impressed. NOT, however impressed by the TV Guide.
The guide was the main reason I got an upgraded machine. Now I've missed the whole first episode of a new season of a favourite program.
If you need help with data entry, let me know because I am more than happy to volunteer.

Also, NOT impressed that "fast forward to end/beginning" has been removed as an option. I can't imagine who thought that was a great idea.

It should come right. We have had ours operating after the upgrade for nearly a year now. I can't say that I am anything but impressed. Its been working well without any issues, these issues this week are probably the worst I have experienced. The volunteers do a good job.

Pawl
07-10-2018, 08:44 PM
Well the same problem seems to be showing up on other channels as of today, but sometimes only a few minutes out, instead of an hour (so probably not DST related -- e.g., Bravo+1 has one show scheduled at 11:28, another at 11:30, the first again at 11:33 and the second again at 11:35. Another question why I'm even seeing Bravo in the listing, since I thought I had it turned off in the Channel List...oh well)

DavidKeegel
07-10-2018, 11:01 PM

To get fast forward to end, use FF >> (so it is playing FFx1, FFx2 or FFx3) then the skip >| button while fast forwarding.
To get fast forward to beginning, use Rew << (so it is playing Rewx2, Rewx2 or Rewx3) then the skip >| button while rewinding.
As you have probably noticed if you are just playing at normal speed, the skip >| button will jump forward 30 seconds. Which some people find useful if they are watching commercial television (previously recorded or on delay).
I found it didn't take me long to adjust to pressing FF or Rew first before Skip if I wanted to skip-to-end.

If you happen to be in Australia and are interested in helping with guide data, please let me know what geographical area you are in.
But that seems a long shot given the forum we are in, sorry but I can't help with NZ guide data.

Doni74
08-10-2018, 07:42 AM
To get fast forward to end, use FF >> (so it is playing FFx1, FFx2 or FFx3) then the skip >| button while fast forwarding.
To get fast forward to beginning, use Rew << (so it is playing Rewx2, Rewx2 or Rewx3) then the skip >| button while rewinding.

Thanks for that.. had no idea of this functionality.

Pawl
31-10-2018, 12:29 PM

I should be easy enough to set it back to the old functionality. It's just a single byte changed in the tivoapp program...