PDA

View Full Version : Seasons Pass First-Run Only but makes repeat copies!

Annieliese
27-04-2018, 01:01 PM
Hi, I expect others have this issue too. I have various Season passes. With the old TiVo it never re-recorded ones already recorded because I have it set for "First-Run only". However I guess because each show only has generic info and not individual show info, I can get five copies. I think what needs to happen is for the EPG and each show to gather individual info re each episode and not just the same old generic info. I have tried going into "upcoming programs" and deleting the prospective recording of alot of them (eg early AM showings) but then I often miss out on an episode as I have pre-deleted it! Is there a work around? Will the EPG ever have correct individual episode information not just generic info?

Darren King
27-04-2018, 08:43 PM
However I guess because each show only has generic info and not individual show info, I can get five copies. I think what needs to happen is for the EPG and each show to gather individual info re each episode and not just the same old generic info.

Is there a work around? Will the EPG ever have correct individual episode information not just generic info?

That depends. TiVo in Australia and NZ is now a community voluntary driven venture. How much people want things to improve now requires participation rather than hoping and asking when things may improve.

edcba
28-04-2018, 09:39 AM
That depends. TiVo in Australia and NZ is now a community voluntary driven venture. How much people want things to improve now requires participation rather than hoping and asking when things may improve.

Can you indicate whether any volunteers are currently endeavouring to capture episode information and to distinguish first-run from repeat programs?

DavidKeegel
28-04-2018, 03:33 PM
Can you indicate whether any volunteers are currently endeavouring to capture episode information and to distinguish first-run from repeat programs?

We have a handful of volunteers helping to update S3 oztivo guide information, but the main focus is updating the guide to reflect changes which happen late (a couple of days before shows go to air).
Having said that, some volunteers also help with episode information for particular series and/or in particular regions. For example I (and/or another volunteer) have been putting episode info for Sando and Harrow Australia-wide.

If you are interested in helping, you could have a look at
https://hd.oztivo.net/twiki/bin/view/Guidedata/WebHome
http://forums.oztivo.net/showthread.php?2868-Looking-for-volunteers-to-update-local-guide-data