PDA

View Full Version : SoftwareMod v0.6 Installation Failure

maxpower
04-12-2017, 01:47 PM
So I've performed the PROM mod and Software Mod.
However after reinstalling the drive into the Tivo and powering it the hack doesn't appear to have installled corrrectly. The Tivo just starts up with the normal behaviour and doesn't display the hack details splashscreen.

I created the USB boot disk under Win10. Tivo appears to have been updated to 11.3b10 when running teh installer.

When I checked the USB boot disk I created I had used FAT32 formatting but it still managed to boot successfully and install the mods on the Tivo drive.

After scouring the whirlpool forum for ideas a user did mention (http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2613609#r54929937) that the install files weren't marked as executable. When unzipping the installer files and placing them on the USB drive some are marked as read-only. There isn't anyway to change the Linux permissions under Windows but should I remove the read-only permission?

Next steps:
1. I've been using a wifi adapter with my Tivo. Is a wired ethernet connection a requirement for the mod to be successful?
2. Try re-imaging the drive with my backup image and reinstall the softmod with a usb disk formatted with FAT

I've attached my install log that contains the following error:

Fri Dec 1 09:13:17 EST 2017 Active kernel on /dev/sda is in partition /dev/sda3\nBoot parameters are root=/dev/hda4\nPatching kernel
cp: error while loading shared libraries: /lib/libselinux.so.1: cannot read file data: Input/output error 0+1 records in 432+0 records out 432 bytes (432 B) copied, 0.00282778 s, 153 kB/s initrd.gz found at 1590480 Backing up /dev/sda3 to /initrd/mnt/dev_save/tivo_installer/backup/tivo_kernel.bak Replacing the initrd with the one which the user provided.

I attempted to perform the install again after unsuccessfully booting my Tivo without the hack the first time. The installer detected that it had already been installed though.

Any ideas?