PDA

View Full Version : How to get your TiVo up and running past October 2017

Darren King
25-11-2017, 08:12 PM
The procedure for getting your TiVo operational past October 2017 is here:
http://hd.oztivo.net/twiki/bin/view/S3FAQ/S3HowToKeepUsingTiVo

For those who are competent at soldering I can supply small quantities of the programmed PROM chip and (optionally) sockets, and the full document on how to do the swap is here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5lxlJLWDNmWWVFmbzhoYTItYk0

ozpanda
18-12-2017, 01:50 PM
I've cleared my backlog of TiVo mods in Sydney if anyone needs it done. PM me.

302w_cobra
02-02-2018, 01:32 PM
Howdy
I'm offering OzTivo modification / conversion services for Series 3 TiVo units in the Brisbane area.
The basic check, ROM change, software patch is $50 (Dropoff and Collect), 48 hour turnaround.
Fan, HDMI, and Motherboard repairs, plus hard drive upgrades also available.
Please contact me at george@gfsdesign.com.au for details.

pokolbinguy
29-04-2018, 01:00 PM
Hi All,

Anyone in the Newcastle area doing mods and HD upgrades?

Cheers, Pok

Darren King
29-04-2018, 06:46 PM
Hi. I manage the list but don't post it on the forum. If you'd like the list of volunteers just email me.

302w_cobra
30-04-2018, 10:03 PM
Pok

Yes, I can perform the OzTivo conversion service that Darren has been providing that brings existing TiVo?s ?back to life?.

The basic service involves these steps :
? Powering the TiVo up, and verifying that it is fundamentally working OK.
? Disassembly of the unit, replacement of the BOOT ROM memory chip, and update of software to the internal hard drive.
? Internal clean and dust removal then reassembly
? Replacement of perished feet if required
? 24 hour test, monitoring performance, and ensuring program guide and program information is all being updated correctly.
? The basic service retains all your existing recordings.
? Final external clean, repacking.

The cost for the basic service is $50, plus return shipping to you.

Many customers of mine have shipped their TiVo to me. A 5kg prepaid Australia Post satchel works well. There are standard and express options. The TiVo can be wrapped in a layer of bubble wrap, then snugly placed into the satchel and sealed. You can include a second satchel for the return journey.

If I discover any other issues during the initial power up and check, I stop and contact you, explain what I have found to seek approval for further work,

I can provide storage upgrades as well, updates to a 320GB or 2TB internal hard drive to increase your storage space if you want. These upgrades unfortunately cannot retain your original recordings.

To perform the work I need :
? The TiVo box (No antenna cable, No power cable, No remote, No Wi-Fi module
? If you have a 1Tb external expansion drive, I will also need this, with its power supply, and eSATA data cable.

My contact details are :
George Sutherland
GFSdesign
43 Panorama Street
Ashgrove, QLD, 4060
Ph : 0433 734 506
Email : george@gfsdesign.com.au

Boricle
08-07-2018, 05:41 PM
Hi everyone,

I've recently received my TiVo HD back from George (302w_cobra) and am very pleased with it - all working well now, including all my original programs saved.

Thankyou George!

Kind Regards,

Gavan.

built2order
18-11-2018, 01:39 PM
Hi - Is there a Sydney list?

Darren King
18-11-2018, 09:10 PM
I manage the Australia and NZ lists which people can email me to ask for, and will get a reply within 6 hours and usually quicker (wonders of modern technology!).

The reason why it is not posted publicly is that volunteers come and go so I like to keep it accurate.