PDA

View Full Version : Script to avoid daily calls

zollymonsta
24-08-2004, 08:21 PM
Hi All,

I believe there is a script floating around that will keep the TiVo happy if it doesn't make daily calls.

Can anyone point me in the direction of where to download this?

Currently my TiVo is connecting to Minnie in OZ (Which there's not much point really) :) I use my TiVo with Saturn and use loadguide (via a cron job) to get guide data.

Cheers,
ZollyMonsta
:cool:

thomson
25-08-2004, 06:45 AM
I believe there is a script floating around that will keep the TiVo happy if it doesn't make daily calls.

You could try and dbload the attached NoNag.slice file. It contains a programme listing for "NoNag" for C4 (7998032) on Wed Jan 26, 2011 (epoch+15000). This should resolve the TiVo from thinking it is short on programme data.

Updated: Added a new NoNag slice. It contains a programme listing for "NoNag" for C4 (7998032) on Wed Mar 27, 2030 (epoch+22000).

zollymonsta
25-08-2004, 07:16 AM
Thanks.. nup, that's not what I mean.

I already have the nonag slice loaded, ex the oztivo setup.
The TiVo gets unhappy, apparently, if it cannot make a daily call. I want to stop the daily calls as it's currently using Minnie and Ed's headend doesn't support Saturn (only Sky).

jaidev
25-08-2004, 10:37 AM
The script is called 'fixup30.tcl' it was included in the older images, not sure if it is in the oztivo emulator release. I'll post it when I get back from work, unless someone does before me.

EDIT: You can get it from here (http://themurrays.homeip.net/downloads/tivo/for_tivo/)
Jaidev

zollymonsta
25-08-2004, 11:49 AM
Hi Jaidev :)

Thanks for that.. Will install it tonight. Is there any documentation on this script (where to install it, how to run it, what it does?)

My guess from looking at it in notepad is, it changes some settings to make the TiVo think it's already done a daily call?

Just wondering if this runs automatically or if I need to cronjob it daily or what. :)

ZollyMonsta

zollymonsta
28-08-2004, 09:42 PM
Okley Dokley,

I've commented out the minnie emulator IP so my TiVo will now not call home,
and set it to dial out using the modem. Tested it using TiVoweb to force a call and it now wont call out. Loadguide still works, as does all network connectivity thru my turbonet card. I've set up fixup30.tcl to run everyday via a cronjob at 3:10am to keep the TiVo happy. I now have 'Product Lifetime Service'. :D

I'm also contemplating buying a second TiVo.. just for the hell of it, to play with.
Am I addicted?

:cool: